OPUS codec suport -> upgrade to Icecast 2.4.x

Read 10355 times
Hi forum....

OPUS cocec is rolling over faster that we though... it is here and seems to be the ruling codec:
As you all probably know it has extremely low latency while at the same time delivers incredible quality and very low birates, rendering everything else obsolete...
Actually, hardware codecs are switching over from speex,g7xx to opus for latency... while AAC+ is being superseeded by OPUS for its better compresion.

As you probably know: OPUS is vorbis stuff, it is open, it is free, it rocks! and it has been natively implemented on icecast 2.4.x versions.

I sincerely thing Centova3, being the next generation centova panel, should quickly upgrade icecast to icecast 2.4 brand in order to put  3x version updated with next generation standards.

Best regards!
I just wanna say I agree I am waiting on this support to go with a company called YesStreaming.com I really want this supported cause it makes my radio sound best.
The Icecast 2.4.x branch is still in a BETA stage. When it finally becomes stable it's probably going to be a priority to support it in Centova Cast.
The Icecast 2.4.x branch is still in a BETA stage. When it finally becomes stable it's probably going to be a priority to support it in Centova Cast.

Well now its released, I have been casting for a while over at www.yesstreaming.com they are a great company. Well, there is money in opus I am paying for a server many more would like opus, and this would be wise if I am paying for opus many more would meaning companies would want this since the quality is better and people want it for there radio and web directory's are going to this and opus is now IETF internet standard with icecast 2.4 released people wanting to use this but your software is behind and lacks the latest technology that's the standards? please let me know if your gonna support opus cause right now everything in opus is unknown in your software I would like to see html5 supported for it cant be that hard can it?
Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:49:55 am by wbgs-founder

Icecast is now released 2.4 stable have a look also has opus support very good version no joke I love 2.4 and hope you support it soon thanks for great software. http://www.icecast.org/
Any word on Opus Support? This should be supported also I can't get my opus server on the icecast directory it's not working any ideas or plans to support opus?