Install v3 on the same server a v2

Read 4802 times
Hello,

I'd like to install v3 to test with on a server running v2. Can anyone assure me installing v3 ON THE SAME SERVER will not in any way affect my v2 installation?

Server is running cPanel.

Many thanks
If you follow the instructions in the manual for doing exactly that, then yes, I can assure you it will not in any way affect your v2 installation.  (If you don't follow the instructions then it will end badly. ;) )
Thanks Steve, sure I'll be able to follow the instructions :P

Cheers
Hi Steve,

My /usr partition is rather small, if I mounted a bind to another partition before installing centova do foresee any problems. I know symlinks are not recommend so I figured a bind/mount would OK?

Thanks again.
Hi Steve,

My /usr partition is rather small, if I mounted a bind to another partition before installing centova do foresee any problems. I know symlinks are not recommend so I figured a bind/mount would OK?

Thanks again.

Hello Brad,

Yes, bind mounts are recommended rather than symlinks.

The way to use a bind mount with Centova Cast is documented at http://www.centova.com/doc/cast/internals/files#client_data_linux_

HTH
Thanks Roger I was planning to actually bind the whole /usr/local/centova dir not just the vhosts. Hopefully it shouldn't make any difference.

Cheers