Shoutcast takeover, When?

Read 7668 times
Has anyone heard anything  about shoutcast coming out under the new ownership? I am still struggling with shoutcast v2 streams restarting every 12 hours and it would be nice to get some form of light at the end of the tunnel. Right now I have to recreate accounts for people as they get reported to me.
Also the keys are still a need for the auto dj servers. Has anyone heard from them or even found any info on this in forums anywhere? I have not seen or heard anything since they were sold.
As far as I know, keys are still needed. We also use v2 but we do not have an issue with them restarting.
What type of server are you running and who is the provider? I am not fully convinced it's not my server provider. Dreamhost.
Dual Processor Quad Core Xeon 5450 - 3.00GHz servers...... we use Softlayer. We used to use Dreamhost, but that relationship didn't last long at all. Not saying they are the problem, but I lump them together with companies like FDC and Burstnet among others. Just companies to stay away from when it comes to streaming media (at least for us).
Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:45:42 pm by kahfluie
Shoutcast wasn't acquired with Winamp. It was just a rumour...
@Dr. Bunsens

Yes it was acquired with Winamp :)

http://marketing.radionomy.com/PR2014/01/EN160114.html
My bad. I missed that. Last I read in december DrO over on winamp forums was saying it was a rumour.

What's the thinking on how this affects existing shoutcast station owners? And do we have new promotion option over on radionomy?
Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:57:50 am by Dr Bunsen
what seems to have been misunderstood from my old posting is that i was saying that the closing of SHOUTcast was a rumour as that was true as only Winamp had been mentioned as being shutdown, not SHOUTcast (despite the 1+1=3 that was going on with unqualified assumptions - not that it really matters now).
what seems to have been misunderstood from my old posting is that i was saying that the closing of SHOUTcast was a rumour as that was true as only Winamp had been mentioned as being shutdown, not SHOUTcast (despite the 1+1=3 that was going on with unqualified assumptions - not that it really matters now).

What's your take on everything now the deals is done? And have you been retained by Radionomy?
my take is that we need to wait and see what happens in the coming months / year (much like i am going to have to do).