Enforced Trademark Licensing?

Read 5702 times
What does this feature mean? Just a bit confusing to me.

Thanks!
Stream101 || Affordable Media Solutions
http://www.stream101.com | (616) 277-7280
It means that Centova Cast will not work under any domain containing the word "centova".

HTH
Is this also for a subdomain? like centova.site.com?
Is this also for a subdomain? like centova.site.com?

No, it is just for the actual SLD (Second Level Domain).

HTH
Just to provide some background as this has raised a few questions elsewhere as well, our ordering system has always rejected SLDs containing our trademark 'centova' (eg: centovafoo.com) and it's always been our policy not to offer licenses for such domains.  But in v3 our licensing system no longer depends upon (and thus no longer checks) the domain name, so a few cheeky buggers were taking advantage of that to set up stream hosting sites that looked like they might be endorsed or operated by us.

So Centova Cast's web interface will now refuse to load if the SLD contains 'centova'.  It's fine for your subdomain to contain 'centova' (nobody with a half-dozen IQ points is realistically going to confuse centova.yourcompany.com as being affiliated with us, and we're not trying to inconvenience our clients for the sake of pedantry) but a domain like (for example) 'centovastreamhosting.com', particularly if it happens to be using a certain wording and design, could certainly give that impression.

Hope that helps to clarify the situation.
Getting an error on my installation when using a subdomain, centova.domain.com (actually using a .co in this case), but I'm not sure why having the word centova in the subdomain, simply as a way to identify the server, would be a problem...
Any ideas?