Video streaming

Read 9147 times
Hi guys,

I have a question. It is possible to streaming video from my computer via Centnova Cast v2?

I have Roland Videomixer which stream ready source of video to my computer. I would like to stream this ready video source with sound directly to CCv2 and share with people. Is this possible?

Please answer ASAP.

Thanks,
TylerD
Centova Cast is a control panel for ShoutCast and IceCast streaming servers.  While ShoutCast and IceCast do both support video, they do so in very limited capacities.  Centova Cast will not stop you from using their video capabilities, however you'll need to provide your own live video source (i.e., it won't tie into Centova Cast's autoDJ).

While IceCast is indeed video-capable, it only streams in Ogg/Theora format.  Theora itself is a technical marvel, but the problem is that no common media players support it out-of-the-box.  Thus, the only way for a listener (or viewer, rather) to tune into your video streams would be to install something like VLC, or plugins for RealPlayer, or a custom DirectShow filter.  Realistically, that's just not practical for the vast majority of the non-tech-savvy public, and it would be a support nightmare (both for us and for our clientbase).

ShoutCast DNAS also supports video streaming, but only in NSV format, and again, NSV is only supported by WinAmp.  WinAmp definitely has a broader clientbase than VLC, but it's the same situation -- regrettably, the vast majority of the public has only Windows Media Player installed, and occasionally RealPlayer, and usually little else.

AlexiuB,

Thank you for your support. This will be heavy issue.

I will try different combination of software and plug-ins. maybe I will find best solution.

Thanks!
I have found that the software (its free) Clip-bucket is quite a useful Video software.   It requires some installation of a few pieces of software, but it works pretty good.  Ive installed this recently on my own server, and it works great.
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
So guys,

How can I configure icecast with Centova. Where I can find details about V2 how to download and restream stream from my computer? Can I somwhere just type address for source?

Thanks in advance.