Relay an Icecast stream to a Shoutcast server

Read 8956 times
I'm running a stream with icecast (ices-cc) and I want to relay that stream into 2 more streams. A 128 AAC+ stream and a 96AAC+. I already have shoutcast v2 installed and sc_trans2
How should I do this without editing my ices file?
Thanks
h
Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:12:53 pm by hernyboy
The best  possible solution (and most likely the only solution which would not require you to also use some 3rd party transcoding software) would be to make Shoutcast v2 + sc_trans2 your "main" stream. Create 3 mount points for it and then configure the autoDJs for each mount point as follows:

mount point1: 128kbps AAC+
mount point2: 96kpbs AAC+
mount point3: the same bitrate and audio encoding type you used to have on your Icecast stream

Then have your Icecast server relay Shoutcat's mount point 3

This does come with a big problem at the moment: most likely you wanted to use MP3 encoding for your 3rd mount point, but sc_trans2 requires an MP3 license to allow you to encode in MP3 format and there is no way to currently purchase an MP3 license from Nullsoft
Thanks for your help Alexiu
I already bought an mp3 license some time ago, so I will give it a try
Thanks
h
You are the best !
It works perfect !!

thank you AlexiuB
Now I have one problem.
Each time a have a live show, the rest of the mountpoints don't pick up the stream.
How can I make it work??
please help
thank you
h
you should configure your broadcasting software to connect to all the mount points (you can also configure the bitrate individually for each mount point)
That is a lot of bandwith to upload.
Is there a way to send it to one server and the rest of the mountpoints just relay that main stream?
Thank you again for your help Alexiu
well..sure. it would be possible to broadcast to one mount point and have the others relay it. but in this scenario the bitrate will be the same on all mount points
Is there a way to make centova transcode the streams into different bitrates?
Basically I want  to have 1 main stream at 192kbps Shoutcast v2 + sc_trans2
This stream should be able to have different outputs
mount point1: 192kbps mp3
mount point1: 128kbps AAC+
mount point2: 24kpbs AAC+

In case I have a live show, I want my dj to stream only the 192kbps mp3 stream and make centova do all the transcoding. Is this possible?
thanks again
as long as the DJ connects trough sc_trans2 and directly to Shoutcast, this is all possible