Official - DNAS 2.2.1 now available!!!

Read 28339 times
Unfortunately, you have to install Shoutcast 2 manually .. as a change was made to the way it is  uncompressed...Peace... Steve you need to update the install script ! :) UPDATE... It was corrected Sorry Steve  8)

Read that by mistake (interested in 2.2.1), today tried to install centova cast on a new server,
it seems I get the exactly same errors about gzip. Shoutcast1/shoutcast2/ices-cc/sctrans.

Updater needs a fix ? Can't install anything, still waiting for support

Actually , I made the error and forgot to edit the post.. It was never fixed.. and is awaiting to be fixed... Sorry  8)
It seems the v2.2.1 archive was incorrectly built and wasn't realised until too late that it happened which is what support, etc have been referring (based on another post i just saw before posting this reply).

The installs are most likely failing due to the whole transition of all of the SHOUTcast sites over the last few days and at the moment, the downloads are not available (due to waiting on a few things which are required to be able to get new builds built and released - i don't have an eta, sorry).

So really there's no reason for Centova to 'fix' their updater since the prior DNAS archive was messed up when it was built. How it copes with no official downloads for the time being, i don't know what they'll do.
It's not a problem with our product by any means, but as it dramatically affects our customers I have implemented a workaround.

To clarify, what happened is that whomever built the latest SHOUTcast2 and sctrans2 archives made a mistake and failed to gzip them when they tarred them up.  But they named the file with a .tar.gz extension (which implies that gzip and tar were both used).

Since all prior archives had been tarred/gzipped, and because .tar.gz indicates a tar/gzip archive, Centova Cast's installer was trying to process the files as tar/gzip archives.  That was of course failing, because the archives were not in fact gzipped.

Today's build includes a workaround that will actually analyze the header of any files downloaded from download.nullsoft.com and determine whether or not they are actually gzipped, regardless of whether or not they are misnamed as gzip archives.

On a side note, great to see you back, DrO -- thanks for your insights on the various threads popping up here!