Cut off live source at certain times

Read 4910 times
If a DJ account is given a certain time period (3pm - 4pm), and they're doing a live broadcast, I would like it possible for autodj to start automatically once 4pm hits.

At the moment, they can just keep broadcasting, despite going over their allowed time.

I'm guessing this isn't possible tho?
It depends on your autoDJ of choice.  If it's sctrans2, I'm not quite sure how it handles this, but we do pass along the permitted login period to sctrans2 and it's up to sctrans2 whehter or not to cut off the DJ at the end of his time slot.  (I thought it did, though I could be wrong.)

If it's any other autoDJ (ices, sctrans1, etc), then the login period is simply that -- the period of time during which the autoDJ can log in to Centova Cast.  (Unlike sctrans2, other autoDJ software does not permit the scheduling of DJ login periods.)

We do, however, have a feature on our roadmap to implement realtime scheduling of stream events (including the ability to interrupt songs when an important playlist is scheduled to start, and things of that nature), and after we implement that, things like kicking live DJs when their timeslot ends will most definitely be possible.

The underlying technology for this feature was fairly high on our priority list, but the recent announcement about the discontinuation of Winamp (and possibly SHOUTcast DNAS) has prompted us to rearrange our priorities a bit in favor of a contingency plan, so it's getting pushed back a bit.  It'll be done as soon as humanly possible, though, as I know a substantial number of our clients would kill for the capabilities this feature would offer. :)

Also, keep the suggestions coming if you have them, as I've liked the few you've submitted so far.
Oh that's great news! This will help me soooo much when it's implemented