Schedule Playlist Doesnt Work

Read 21537 times
Hi There,

When i go to change my playlists on the Centova Panel and then save it, i go to the "PLAYLIST" page and set my playlist to "SCHEDULE" and i turn it on. Then the  schedule wont work?
Because we are a radio station we need to get this sorted as soon as possible for our site.
It is not good for us, can someone tell us whats wrong? or something that i can do to get this working.

Thank You.  :)
Hi there, Check this topic: http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=2849.0 And make sure your panel is up to date.
Hi,

This wont work for me.
I got my account re-installed last week and still the schedule wont work.
My panel is up to date "v3.0.5
Is that correct?
I am new to the website about 1 month and still this problem has never been solved.
I kept emailing the "FastCast4U" owner and still nothing solved yet.

Can anyone give me a solution to get the problem fixed as soon as possible?

Thank You.
Hi,

This wont work for me.
I got my account re-installed last week and still the schedule wont work.
My panel is up to date "v3.0.5
Is that correct?
I am new to the website about 1 month and still this problem has never been solved.
I kept emailing the "FastCast4U" owner and still nothing solved yet.

Can anyone give me a solution to get the problem fixed as soon as possible?

Thank You.

The only thing you can do from the end user panel is check your time zone settings, and make sure they match with your actual time zone, other than that it is a server side issue and it will have to be resolved by your service provider.

HTH
Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:28:33 pm by Roger
i got my scheduled playlist to work by changing my timezone settings in centova cast to match my own. the next issue i am having now is that the playlist wont run all day even though it is scheduled to. i made sure that it is not set to interrupt and even set the playlist to run for 1439 minutes yet the playlist will switch over to the general rotation after a couple of hours. can anyone help me with this.
Yes clients have been reporting playlist problems and we are not able to find any  problems with the way they have set them up, there is definitely a problem or bug with the playlist system, it's not the timezone and it's not because other playlist are conflicting either :( :( 
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Any  news about this issue yet?

I also have problems with scheduled playlists.
Some of our customers too complain that scheduled lists do not start...
http://www.radioboss.fm - stream hosting
http://www.djsoft.net - radio automation software
This would be a very serious issue and I strongly advise that you open a ticket about it. Here's the information we need for troubleshooting this:

Please edit the station's settings, and, under the advanced tab activate the Nextsong Debugging option. This should activate Centova Cast's advanced debugging, which in turn should show us why Centova Cast has chosen the wrong songs.

After this, please restart your station and let us know next time when you think Centova Cast has wrongfully chosen a song.  (unfortunately we can't investigate events that happened before the moment when you activated the Nextsong Debug)

We would need to know the exact time when this has happened and the song which was wrongfully played, also your Centova Cast URL, admin password, and the affected account's username.
Also for what it's worth, I should mention that we receive complaints of this nature on a weekly basis, but in the  ~3 years the "Nextsong debug" feature has existed (which creates a log file providing a definitive explanation of exactly why each playlist played or did not play at a given time) we have found precisely one bug in the playlist scheduler.  That bug was caused by a rare condition that most clients never encountered, and was fixed ages ago.

Literally every other report we've received in that time has been the result of clients misconfiguring their playlists or their time zones.

That said, I don't mean to be dismissive of this issue -- it's always entirely possible that we've overlooked a bug, and I'm always happy to investigate that possibility -- I'd just like to encourage users to look at the KB article about this issue as well as the Track Selection section of the Centova Cast user's manual before assuming they've found a bug.
I have the same problem...

:-\
I checked all programs and schedules,  time zone and all playlists

Also read these topics and my problem doesn't fit in any of these situations

Some programs come on time and others just do not, random songs go on air and the scheduled program don't go on air 

can someone help me???  :-[ :o :( :-\
I am having the same problem , the company we are using for shoutcast server advised us that this software is not suitable for running a radio station and its scheduler does not work properly is this the case ?

Quote from: clubtraxradio
I am having the same problem , the company we are using for shoutcast server advised us that this software is not suitable for running a radio station and its scheduler does not work properly is this the case ?
That is totally incorrect.  I suggest that you find a new Stream Host.
Thats what they said find a better piece of software ! easy to send people round in circles and give no explanation , why is it incorrect ???