Ideas

Read 6548 times
I was reading this long time ago: https://secure.centova.com/pages/faqs/display/scheduled_playlists_do_not_109 And there is a bit which says: "The reason for this is because none of the streaming source software currently available on Linux (and thus usable as an autoDJ) supports interrupting tracks during playback -- they only allow an external program (like Centova Cast) to choose a new track after each song completes.  As such, there is no way for Centova Cast to tell the autoDJ to stop in the middle of the track and skip to another song, so this feature cannot be supported." I was thinking about this last time and actually you can support this and I really wold like you to do so. You can pass command for sc_trans to skip to next track which actually will be first track from scheduled playlist ! It works when done manually (pressed "skip this song" button or by API call) so you can this by scheduled job as well. And you can implement option to switch on or off interrupting current track. It is easy to do so. I can implement my own script to doing this but i thing it will be better to get functionality from you. Some of my customers complain abut that their scheduled playlists doesn't start at time scheduled but few minutes later. You should now that precise time is really important for radio stations. Another thing is that please can you implement API call to create DJ account. I have created my own script as well but again it will be better to get one already implemented to CC panel.
I was reading this long time ago: https://secure.centova.com/pages/faqs/display/scheduled_playlists_do_not_109
Note that this is from the v2 FAQ.

I was thinking about this last time and actually you can support this and I really wold like you to do so. You can pass command for sc_trans to skip to next track
I don't think you read the second section of the article you just linked to above. :)  Refer to the part that says "Can't you just send a signal to the source to skip to the next song?".

In v3 it's a different situation as we already have a dedicated daemon running on the same server as the streams, so yes, it's possible to implement this *now* for v3.  It wasn't in v2, however, for the reasons explicitly noted in the article.
That's great then !

But is there any chance that you will implement track interruption and addDj Api call  ?
That's great then !

But is there any chance that you will implement track interruption and addDj Api call  ?
Quite probably, yes.  The "feature requests" forum is now linked directly to our issue tracker, so please post one issue per thread and they'll be opened as individual feature requests in our issue tracker which other forum users can vote on.
Great solution !

Thanks !
Thnak you for DJ account API !