How a DJ connects with a live stream

Read 4902 times
Hey guys.  Im coming from the WHMSonic software so I am learning as I go with Centovacast.

In WHMSonic all my djs had to do was press [connect] with their streaming client and it would connect to my server, fade out the auto dj and fade in the live broadcast.

Does Centacast3.0 offer the same feature?

or do the DJs have to log into the admin and turn off the auto dj in order to connect for their live broadcast?
Probably there is already this kind of information here in the forum, but you can do what you mentioned using a  streaming with shoutcast 2
Center Mídia - Streaming Centova - http://www.centermidia.com
your post supplied absolutely zero informative information. next time just save your breath.

Anyway for those that are coming from whmsonic, here is how you connect live while you have auto DJ enabled.

1. Create a DJ account.
2. go to view links to find out which port you need to use (v1 source or v2 source)
3. since we are using BUTT we need to use v1 source port.
4. the password is the DJ account username and pw (username:password)

TIP.  BUTT will not work with shoutcast 2.0 you will need to upgrade to 2.2 which is officially out but only available via the shoutcast forums.  They wont be uploading to their repository until 2.2.1 is finished.  Centovacast ONLY upgrades from the shoutcast official repository so you will need to do your own 2.2 upgrade if you want to use BUTT to broadcast live.
GroovinMind,

This is Shoutcast v2 feature, not Centova Cast.

In answer for your question, Yes, your dj's can connect on djport without deactivating autoDJ
So under Centova cast you can simply follow the same steps as in WHMSonic
You can find all detial on "Quick Links" page.
 :)