Database errors after failed upgrade

Read 21085 times
Heh all,

I just went to apply the latest update on Debian 7.1 but it failed and now Centovacast is offline. If anyone else has seen this please help, it's the weekend and I'm afraid support won't be online for several days now...

Thanks.

Hugh
---

/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update

Checking Centova Cast Common Files ...
Not updated, skipping

Checking Centova Cast Application Server ...
Downloading Centova Cast Application Server ...

Verifying archive integrity ...
Unpacking archive ...

Installing Centova Cast Application Server ...

Stopping any existing Centova Cast web service ...
Attempting to stop web: cc-web
Stopping any existing Centova Cast application server service ...
Attempting to stop app: cc-appserver
Upgrading database ...
Error: Could not connect to database: No such file or directory
Database upgrade failed
Installer exited with error, aborting

-------

If I restart the apps manually I get...

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to database: No such file or directory' in /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php(32): CCSQL::__construct() #1 /usr/local/centovacast/web/login/index.php(39): CCSQL->__construct() #2 {main} thrown in /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php on line 32
Same here
Same also... Ive put in a ticket about it, havent heard anything as of yet.

All of our other servers updated fine, and seems this one server gave this issue.
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
My streams are still running for now, just the UI is offline.
DJ Fire.. Is the server that is affected the same install as the ones that updated successfully?
Yes it is.

Now granted it was maybe about 2-3 updates behind..  But there was at least 2 others that were the same.  And those ones updated fine.

It is this part I do not understand:

Code: [Select]
Stopping any existing Centova Cast web service ...
Attempting to stop web: cc-web
Stopping any existing Centova Cast application server service ...
Attempting to stop app: cc-appserver
Upgrading database ...
Error: Could not connect to database: No such file or directory
Database upgrade failed
Installer exited with error, aborting

Its not connecting to the database for some reason.  I have checked and triple checked the database, and its completely fine.  Ive done a Check on it, and all tables/rows are OK.

Ive checked the centovacast.conf file and all information is exact, so Im not sure why its not connecting to the database or why it says  "no such file or directory"
Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:56:30 am by DJFire_CFR
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Unfortunately .. I only have one control panel  in the host -cluster, running on Debian 7.1 and I got the same error message . So I have no access to control the system. :( No word from my ticket (guess it the weekend) .
When I have noticed thou is-_
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to database: Permission denied' in /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php:32
 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php(32): CCSQL::__construct() #1 /usr/local/centovacast/web/login/index.php(39):
CCSQL->__construct() #2 {main} thrown in /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php on line 32
Suggest that there is a permissions issue ..
Yeah its seems to be some permission with the database, (im just assuming that).

'Could not connect to database: Permission denied'

I just don't get "why" seeings it was fine before.
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Just a quick update here, I got a reply to my ticket.

Which states they are working on the issue.  :)
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
I did the update and got this error -:
Centova Cast's cron job is not running on schedule (possibly not at all). This may result in various Centova Cast problems ranging from statistics problems to licensing errors. Most often this is the result of a cron configuration error.

For assistance in diagnosing this problem, please consult the Cron Job Problems article in the Centova Cast knowledge base.
i have same problem :

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to database: Permission denied' in /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php(32): CCSQL::__construct() #1 /usr/local/centovacast/web/login/index.php(39): CCSQL->__construct() #2 {main} thrown in /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php on line 32

Please help
Please run the following three commands to fix your installation:
/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update common
/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/updatemysqlsocket
/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update

After that, everything should be working fine again.
Thank you so much sam. you are hero
I'm no hero.. Support is!!  ;)
Fresh installs also suffer a problem related to this bug. Installation works fine but when you go to hostname:2199 to setup the admin user and mysql db settings it fails with the same error.

Unfortunately running the updates doesn't seem to help in this situation. Will submit a ticket.