Intro file..

Read 5800 times
A client has an intro file added in through centova cast.  When you use the flash player in the upper right corner it seems to play fine.

When you use Winamp, WMP, etc.  The intro will play fine, but when it goes into the music, it turns into "chipmonks" singing.

It seems the "speed" of the song goes up higher.  Is there a reason for this happening?  Or how can this be stopped?

Shoutcast v2
Centova Cast v3.0.4 (updated 7-27-2013)
Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:09:21 am by DJFire_CFR
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
The file may not be the same bit rate of the stream...If its not.. that is the effect you would hear..
That was the first thing I thought of, and readjusted the file to match the bitrate of the stream.  But it still does it.
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
There are other factors besides bitrate, such as sample rate, channels, bitrate mode, codec settings etc.

Also, if you're using re-encoding. Your intro file must match your source settings and not your source files.

Most common mistakes include, different sample rate and the use of VBR.

HTH.
The file is as follows:

CBR
Sample Rate: 44100
Bitrate: 128 kbps
MP3
Channels: Stereo

The stream itself is as follows:
Bitrate: 128 kbps
Channels : Stereo
CBR
Sample Rate: 44100

Now the only difference I see is the Audio Encoder, which the file itself is MP3, but the stream is AAC+
Could that be the cause of it?
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
The file is as follows:

Now the only difference I see is the Audio Encoder, which the file itself is MP3, but the stream is AAC+
Could that be the cause of it?

Yep, that will be it. Most players can't handle a change in format on the fly, and they will try to reproduce the AAC encoded stream data with an mp3 decoder because they've detected the stream to be mp3 in the first place, and have no way to know that it has changed.

HTH
Think I have got this figured out and working now for the client.   It is working currently as it should be at this time.

Thanks for the help
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner