Locale problem

Read 9768 times
Hi guys,
Today i updated to centova 3.0.4 and i met this weird problem. My locale turned automatically from bg_BG to  en_US. I tried that language merge script, i tried the one with the string removal but nothing helped. I even tried to make translation directo the en_US lang file but no result.

Is there some new setting in the new version? I saw the locale per account option but its "Server default (bg_BG)"

P.S.
I Noticed that when i change my default locale, my Bulgarian locale is not even in the list of locales of per account settings.

PP.S
I think there is something in commin with the file:

/usr/local/centovacast/extra/hidef/localeslist.data because my locale does not exist in there. Is there some way to rebuild this file ?
Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:37:51 am by sylar
File location and type has changed ...

Everything is located now under /usr/local/centovacast/system/i18n/  in *.po files ....

I found that after 2,5 days of translating php file :/

I'm really HAPPY that centova cast mentioned this anywhere so I wouldn't have to do through php array all translations :/

So now I will be waiting for converter from php to po file from CC team.

REGARDS !
Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:07:49 pm by Headshaker
Just for update....

If you wan to se your language and updates in translations after creating *.po files you need to run

/usr/local/centovacast/sbin/updatelanguages

:)
Thank you for the answer, i tried that too but with no result. It updates the changes to .po files but in my cas i dont have my locale as .po file(s). As i understand we have to wait conversion script from php to .po files so there is no point trying translate directly .po files ?
This is what I'm saying. You have to create your own locale with *.po files.

I don't think so that there will be any converter.
I Have to translate the whole panel again from the beginning ?  :(
Yes. It looks like.
But what I'm doing is:

1. Copy text to translate from poedit (software to edit *.pot files)
2. Search copied phrase in old style php translation file
3. Copy translated text
4. Paste translated text to poedit

spend something like 4 hours to do just the user.pot file :/

another 4 left

Thanks Centova
I'm really HAPPY that centova cast mentioned this anywhere so I wouldn't have to do through php array all translations :/
The replacement of our i18n system is explicitly noted in the 3.0.4 changelog and the documentation is here.

spend something like 4 hours to do just the user.pot file :/

another 4 left

Thanks Centova
Why?  Just contact the helpdesk!  We do of course have a converter -- we converted all of the existing locale files to .po format, after all!  I'd be happy to run any custom language files through our converter for anyone who needs a quick conversion.

The only reason we haven't released the converter is because it's built into our language file updater, which pulls in all of the localization strings from our source code.  So obviously it won't be of much use to anyone who doesn't have the unencoded source code.
Thank you steve. I will send you the language file asap
Just an update -- I ended up deciding to make a simple, standalone conversion script for v2 language files.  It's admittedly not received much testing, but it's available at:
https://secure.centova.com/clientdist/v2_locale_to_po.tar.gz

Just unpack it, then run:
Code: [Select]
chmod a+x ./v2_locale_to_po.php
./v2_locale_to_po.php /path/to/locale-xx_XX.php

Do replace xx_XX with your actual locale code, of course.

Thank you very much !!!

This small script was very useful :)

Anyway... Is Centova Cast Team interested in Polsih translation ? :>
Newradio Streaming & Radio Tools
http://www.newradio.it