recommendation on a dedicated server

Read 5463 times
Hi,
I am working on setting up a streaming radio hosting business with my friend, and was looking at purchasing a dedicated server.
However, as the knowledge base article says, more auto dj venders do not make publicly available benchmarks for CPU speeds. So in that affect, does anyone have any recommendations to the best CPU to get for hosting 10 or more possibly all auto dj enabled streams from the following site:
https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

Note that I am probably only interested in the first 4 or 5, as the rest, since I plan to upgrade hd, bandwidth, etc, will get a little pricy just to start out.
Thanks,
-Michael.
*bump*
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks.
*bump2*
Anyone there? :P.
-Michael.
Any Quad core will be sufficient.
I've got a single quad core with 8GB of RAM and 2 x SATA drives on RAID 1 and been able to push about 5TB of data per month with 30 radio stations without any problem.

A reliable hosting provider with excellent network is vital.
judging by their prices I would stay away from wholesaleinternet.  Quality service is not cheap.

Expect to pay $100+ for a quality dedicated machine with a quality network.
This may be stating the obvious but the quality and amount of io and bandwidth available to the host are more important to Centovacast than CPU in my opinion. The bit rate at which you stream will determine your requirement for both as well as the number of simultaneous streams and listeners you can sustain of course...
Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:51:27 pm by Dr Bunsen