FTP - User accounts

Read 3829 times
ability to create multiple ftp accounts for uploading music and to set a specific file to upload to.
I know this topic is old, but I wish to bump it, as I was going to request the same thing.

It would be nice if I could create sub-user ftp accounts that can only upload to a certain directory (e.g. media/guynumberone/), as I want to host a shoutcast that me and my friends can all upload music to.

However, I'm obviously a little reluctant to give out the admin account information just so they can have ftp access.

If anybody knows how to manually add ftp users to the passwd file in the meantime, please let me know, it'd be super helpful  ;)
I also have had some requests from our clients in regards to this. I also tried adding a user via command line to a directory such as /media/newsongs and has failed. I have a ticket in now.
possibility to create DJ accounts with only FTP access or even private FTP folder access has been added in the latest version of Centova Cast
Is that 3.0.2? or am I behind? That would help huge for us too with all of the DJs, some more capable than others. Is it in a config outside of the GUI? Thanks for making this available for us!

Michael Roark
Radio Free Joshua Tree
3.0.3 is the latest
you can check or even subscribe to the following forum thread if you want to be notified when a new build is available and what changes/additions it brings:
http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=1685.30