Problems with playlists scheduled at midnight

Read 4504 times
I have shows that are scheduled to start at midnight, and they don't. The shows scheduled for 11PM will start fine. Shows scheduled in the morning start fine, but it's as though the server loses it's mind at midnight. I have placed these shows at 11:59PM, and they work perfect IF the previous shows don't push it past midnight. Then, they don't play at all, and it jumps back into general rotation.

Any thoughts, ideas, or debugging commands to figure this out? I can mitigate by stacking prerecorded shows together starting at 11, but I want it to be done correctly, as some of the 11PM shows will soon be streaming live, and will make my mitigation plan unfeasible.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Michael Roark
So my pre-recorded show that starts at midnight, I set for 12:01AM the next day, instead of stacking it on to the end of the 11PM playlist and it didn't air, and this is a repeat problem. I really need help fixing this before I lose a DJ and a sponsor. Please.

Michael Roark
This is just plain ridiculous. I am having a similar issue. I have scheduled my playlist to run for the entire day. i finally got the scheduled playlist to kick in at midnight. so first i will tell you to check your settings and to make sure that your timezone settings in centova cast match the timezone for your area. the next thing is to make sure that you don't have another playlist scheduled to start the same time. Now the problem i have with my playlist is that it doesn't run for the entire day. i scheduled the playlist to start at 9am and it was supposed to run til 11:59 pm well that didn't happen. i checked my server at 7 pm and found that the playlist automatically switched over to the general rotation playlist. The users manual says to contact the stream hosting provider for assistance and they sent me to this site. I am also in jeopardy of losing a sponsor because his slot isn't playing as promised. I find this company completely ludicrous as they are not assisting their customers like they're supposed to.
You can download your logs from control panel and check "nextsong.log" to see what happened.

I've got sometimes something like this:

2013-08-22 05:07:37 Error submitting HTTP request: Receive failed: Connection timed out (-5)
2013-08-22 05:07:37 Falling back to local sequential playlist: /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/account/var/run/playlist.last
2013-08-22 05:07:37 >"10.0386","static","/usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/account/var/spool/media/midnight-ride.mp3","","","","","0","","","OK"

I don't know why that is happening but it is occasionally and after this everything is going back to proper playlist.

In this log you can see what playlists was playing in specific time.

2013-08-21 22:36:51 >"0.0319","database","/usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/account/var/spool/media/danosongs.com-joy-in-land-formation.mp3","Dan-O at DanoSongs.com - Joy in Land Formation","Dan-O at DanoSongs.com","Joy in Land Formation","","0","577","Heavy Rotation","OK"

This is before last parameter - "Heavy Rotation"

I've hope that helps :)
Your hosting provider should edit your station's settings, and under the advanced tab activate the Nextsong Debugging option. This should activate Centova Cast's advanced debugging, which in turn should show why Centova Cast has chosen the wrong songs.

A station restart is required before the Nexstong Debug kicks in.