MySQL Setup Failing

Read 7346 times
I've updated MySQL, PHP, sorted the Old Passwords issue, and now hitting this error...

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to database: The server requested authentication method umknown to the client' in /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php(32): CCSQL::__construct() #1 /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php(41): CCSQL->__construct() #2 /usr/local/centovacast/web/install.php(108): CCSQL::singleton() #3 /usr/local/centovacast/web/install.php(394): install_database() #4 {main} thrown in /usr/local/centovacast/system/class_CCSQL.php on line 32

And its kind of annoying me that theres no follow up with a solution to another user whos requested info about it as well... Hoping to hear back from my Support Ticket today, as its been 28 hours now :(

Come on guys, other than this the installations been really sweet!

JaiB!
I am 16 hours into my support ticket not even being assigned or prioritized.

I was messaged that it was being flagged as a dev issue, but no assignment or priority set... Getting a bit frustrated by it now... As no doubt its probably something super simple to sort it, but I'm sat here waiting for a response :(

JaiB!
I was messaged that it was being flagged as a dev issue, but no assignment or priority set...
The assignment and priority settings are meaningless features of our helpdesk that we do not use at all, so that's quite normal.  Priority is first-come, first-serve, and assignment is "whichever rep sees the ticket first".

Getting a bit frustrated by it now... As no doubt its probably something super simple to sort it, but I'm sat here waiting for a response :(
For the record our staff responded to your ticket in under 2hr but had to escalate it to me (which caused the delay you mentioned) because they had no idea what this was about.  That's because this has nothing to do with Centova Cast and is an error message from MySQL, as I indicated in my ticket reply along with tips to resolve it.  I hope those tips helped you to switch to the more secure post-v4.x-style MySQL authentication.