IceCast stream buffers when source is connected

Read 10353 times
Hi.

I've recently changed my SHOUTcast over to IceCast to stop any dead air and use mount points.

I have one little issue.

When the Auto DJ is connected, the music plays perfectly fine but when a source connects then that's when the stream starts to buffer, yet the listeners successfully transfer from the /autodj mount to the /live mount and vice versa when a source disconnects.

Now.. when listening via the Centova Cast player at the top, the stream doesn't buffer.. it only buffers when using flash players or any other player for that matter which are outside Centova Cast.

Does anyone know anyway around this? I can't for the life of me figure it out, it's very frustrating. Also how do I set a sample rate so it's the same as my streams?

Thanks.
Have you tried other players that arent flash, to see if it still does it?

winamp, windows media player, realplayer, etc?

Is it one of your DJs thats going on air when it happens?  Or you? 

What Broadcasting software is being used?   
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Have you tried other players that arent flash, to see if it still does it?

winamp, windows media player, realplayer, etc?

Is it one of your DJs thats going on air when it happens?  Or you? 

What Broadcasting software is being used?

Indeed, centova work and the muses radio players but the way our radio player is coded with JavaScript it doesn't work not does it work in iTunes and VLC etc.

It's DJ's and myself it happens with.

I have tried Nicecast and SAM broadcaster, SAM being our main software.
Nor does it work in iTunes and VLC etc.
In using SAM BC, Do you see any "red" errors listed in the Event Log?

Maybe an error that says:  "Unable to send data fast enough", or something to that extent.

Also Check your Centova Logs, for any problems when you or one of your DJs connect.
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
In using SAM BC, Do you see any "red" errors listed in the Event Log?

Maybe an error that says:  "Unable to send data fast enough", or something to that extent.

Also Check your Centova Logs, for any problems when you or one of your DJs connect.

None that I can see.

Do you know how to change the sample rate by any chance? I think that's my problem.
Since you are using Icecast stream.  To change the sample rate.

In centova cast:

Settings > Mount Points > (click on the mount  point) > Auto DJ Settings > Sample Rate

It should be on 44100Hz...   Maybe try bringing the bit rate down some, see if that helps any.
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Since you are using Icecast stream.  To change the sample rate.

In centova cast:

Settings > Mount Points > (click on the mount  point) > Auto DJ Settings > Sample Rate

It should be on 44100Hz...   Maybe try bringing the bit rate down some, see if that helps any.

Hmm, I've done that correctly and put the bitrate down too, nothing.

The stream has the same problem on SHOUTCast v2 too
Did you restart the stream, after making those changes?

(or stop and start)
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner