[source] source dropped connection. disconnecting.

Read 7869 times
hello,

after upgrading to v3 succefully, i have this problem now:

after 45 minutes of streaming. how can fix this? thanks
Unfortunately, this, to me, is the biggest bug of V3.
According Steve this is a problem with ShoutcastV2, and no solution by the Centova Technology.
He said we have to wait a solution by Nullsoft.
That is, the main novelty of V3, schedules in AAC, as expected, since the launch, can not be used.
Not to mention the poor quality in live broadcasts via the AACP when used feature DJport. Believe me, it's worse than the same transmission in MP3.
We need to unite to force these issues are resolved as soon as possible, or V3, will be nothing more than an update panel without the most important new features.
after upgrading to v3 succefully, i have this problem now:

after 45 minutes of streaming. how can fix this? thanks
You'd need to check your source (autoDJ) logs to find out why it's exiting.  It could be any number of things, and would depend on what server/source type you're using.

Unfortunately, this, to me, is the biggest bug of V3.
Reinaldo, I know you've been passionate about pinning the blame for sctrans2 crashes on Centova Cast v3, so let's address this right here.

1) azednet didn't even mention what server/source type he's using -- in fact, he said he upgraded from v2, so it's most likely SHOUTcast1 and ices-cc.  So jumping into this thread and making a bunch of comments about the issue you had, which ONLY affects sctrans2, is a bit premature.

2) With all due respect, you can argue until you're blue in the face that a segfault in sctrans2 means a bug in Centova Cast v3.  You can also keep campaigning about how Centova Cast somehow reduces the AAC+ quality in sctrans2.  The bottom line is that a bug in one program simply cannot cause another program to segfault.  Similarly, Centova Cast has precisely NOTHING to do with sctrans2's AAC+ encoding process -- sctrans2 communicates directly with SHOUTcast2 which communicates directly with the listener.  Centova Cast is not involved in the connection path, so there is no logical way Centova Cast could interfere with its quality.

It's important to note that I have never been able to reproduce either problem, and the latter problem has never been reported by anyone else.

You claimed this doesn't happen in other SHOUTcast control panels using sctrans2, and in response to that, I quite readily volunteered to accept copies of your sctrans2 configuration files from both Centova Cast and this other control panel to compare them.  Because realistically, a difference in configuration is the only way there could be any difference in functionality between two otherwise-identical sctrans2 instances.  But despite repeatedly extending this offer to you, you have declined to provide the configuration files.

I don't know what more I can offer to you.  Regardless of how bad you want this to be the result of a bug in Centova Cast, it's simply not.  And if we can write the sctrans2 configuration file differently to avoid triggering some obscure crash bug in sctrans2, I'm happy to make that change -- but you've declined to make this possible.
At no time, I mentioned, in this forum, that the problems reported are internal  bugs in ccV3.
So it is written ...
  "According Steve this is a problem with ShoutcastV2, and is no solution for Centova Technology."
He said we have to expect a solution by Nullsoft. "
I'm not a liar, the reported problems really exist.
Accounts created with Shoutcast2, exhibit instabilities.
And If other customers have not complained about the problem of quality live broadcast with AACP using DJport is because these customers or still not tested all functions of the panel or , these customers have a hearing disability.
Please, I want you to understand, I'm forcing the solution of these problems, because I need a system that works properly, in which I can offer to my clients, without either present explanation, why this or that, does not work as it should.
If there is a problem with the version provided by Nullsoft, you one should turn to them for a solution and  not I, because I do not have enough technical knowledge for this purpose.
Unfortunately, I am not the developer of Centova V3, if not, would have the problems reported to Nullsoft and charge for a solution, or at least know when the problem would be solved.
V3 is still the best control panel existing in the market, but there are problems related to external software and they must be corrected.
hello,

thank you, the streaming still bug and stop every 45-60 minutes.

i use:
Server software: ShoutCast DNAS v1.x
AutoDJ: icescc

Please any solution?
hello,

i found the solution.
i changed the Owner from ccuser to root for all mp3 files.