DJ's CAN'T CONNECT...... PLEASE HELP!

Read 15216 times
Everything works fine on Centova 3... but the DJ's can not login... and the server will not stream live it will on autos with Shoutcast Version 2 but when we kick autos to allow a live DJ to take air our DJ Software... i.e. SAMS/VDJ/Soroto Will Freeze up and we will get These Errors: Bad Request Server Can not connect, or Server Answered Broadcast Error or Server can not connect http://(server ip here) Bad Request or invalid password even though the password is correct.

Auto DJ Will stream live... but the DJ's can not stream live. If anyone can help with this or is having the same issue please respond.

DJ C51
OGAH Radio
Is there any resolution to this problem?

This is the same issue I have been having!
hi,
if you use Sam Broadcaster,configure encoder as shoutcast 1
PORT:  use Shoutcast 1 port
Password : DJ username:DJ password

Work with encoders without  "shoutcast 2" configuration.
Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:27:08 am by samy
and don't forget to restart your stream after adding a DJ account
Also to add on to this...

Shoutcast v2 Doesnt require you to "kick" auto DJ.  When I DJ takes over, it will fade out from auto DJ, and go straight to the DJ running the encoder.
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
I haven't been able to 'kick' the auto DJ either, so what we've had to do so far (using WinAmp and DSP) is to have the DJs sit on the connect button with autoconnect, then I'll log into the server and manually turn off auto DJ, then they can connect on port 8000. This is the only way I've gotten it to work  :-\
They see when they're connected, and if the auto connect is set to try every 2 seconds it's a very minimal drop.

Michael Roark
Question .. Does the CCv3 Stream has to be a Shoutcast v1 also? ::)
Question .. Does the CCv3 Stream has to be a Shoutcast v1 also? ::)

It would depend on whats installed on your centova cast.

Shoutcast v1, Shoutcastv2, Icecast v2

If "any" of the above are installed, then you can use any of them.

Shoutcast v1 requires you to "kick" auto DJ... Shoutcast v2 and Icecast does not require a kick.
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Ive started a new thread regarding this issue - because sometimes our DJs are able to log in flawlessly..

Auto DJ is playing, we create the account, they log in and Auto DJ fades out.. and they fade in live.  When they disconnect.. Auto DJ fades back in.

When it works - its beautiful.

But I think there are some parameters to setting up the DJ accounts that I cannot find documentation for anywhere...

Please see this thread:

http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=2614.0
An update from me is that we bought a workstation for the station (we have a physical place now!  ;D ) and purchased SAM Broadcaster Pro, but still can't get it to 'kick' the autoDJ. Everytime we switch from the Centova AutoDJ to the Live shows at the station, we drop the stream and of course, drop the listeners. No good.

Michael Roark
Radio Free Joshua Tree
I am using the same config as you are now using (SB Pro and SCv1), and the AutoDj kicks off fine.. Are you using the correct port.. look at Quick Links.. the Port is not the same as the stream port.
Bless  8)