FXP LOADING (Mp3's)

Read 3163 times
 :o .... The road for me thus far has been bumpy. I know a little bit about the techie issues and I am finding the uploading process (which is actually paramount to a smooth experience) woefully lacking in Centova V3. That is unfortunate since I was SO excited when I signed up recently.

I have loads of music to share---but can you imagine not being able to get the FTP to work properly? My favorite error message is that I have tried to make "too many connections", when the server keeps shutting itself down after a few seconds. Out of frustration I had to spend several hours uploading the mp3's one by one. Madness! I found an FTP Program that will upload from server to server. Ideal, right? WRONG! Centova is acting like a DIVA and refusing to allow even ONE mp3 in.

I'm going to stop here before I get kicked out on my first day.

*sigh* :-X
Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:32:02 pm by Edie2k2
Centova Cast uses a largely unmodified Pure-FTPd as its FTP server.  So you are making these statements in regard to one of the most reliable, well-tested, and widely deployed FTP server applications in existence.

That's a polite way of saying that the problem is on your end. ;)

If you're getting a "too many connections" error then the FTP server is not shutting down -- most likely something is going wrong between you and the server.  You would need to check your syslog to see what Pure-FTPd reports is going wrong.

If all else fails you can set FTP_OPTIONS="-d -d" in /usr/local/centovacast/etc/cc-ftpd.conf to have the entire FTP conversations logged to syslog.