Bitrate change doesn't work on ices autodj

Read 8949 times
Dear Steve,

Upon changing the bitrate of a given user account, via the "settings" (logged in as admin), the bitrate of the AutoDJ doesn't change, and I have to edit the RAW configuration in order to fix it.

Example: if by default the bitrate is set to 128 kbps, and I change it to 96 kbps, it throws error:

This is on a clean install of Centova Cast without any modifications made.

Code: [Select]
Configuration could not be updated: Error updating account settings: Error saving settings for application icescc: Total combined bit rate of mount points is 128kbps, which exceeds the stream limit of 96kbps.
This is not a bug -- if you reduce your account's bit rate limit you also have to adjust the bit rates of the mount points to fit within that limit.  Failure to do so would cause your mount points to exceed the new bit rate limit, thus the error message you quoted.
As an User's point of view, it's better (like it's done in Centova 2) to reduce the AutoDJ's bitrate automatically, and kill the stream, if the source is broadcasting above this limit.

Also, in order to reduce the bitrate for the AutoDJ, i need to edit the config file and that's a thing I don't want to allow the users to do.
As an User's point of view, it's better (like it's done in Centova 2) to reduce the AutoDJ's bitrate automatically, and kill the stream, if the source is broadcasting above this limit.
In v2 you couldn't have multiple mount points.  In v3 you can, and Centova Cast has no way of knowing how you want your bit rate limit allocated between mount points.  As this is subjective and can only be decided by the stream admin, Centova Cast can't do it automatically.

Also, in order to reduce the bitrate for the AutoDJ, i need to edit the config file and that's a thing I don't want to allow the users to do.
Sorry I don't follow you.  You obviously don't want to have the bit rate for the autoDJ different than the bit rate for live streams... you can't change bit rates in mid-stream without completely screwing over the audio stream for your listeners.  If you just want to set the bit rate separately for a particular mount point that's running the autoDJ, though, then that's done on the Mount Points tab.
Steve,

I want to keep the current filosophy as I use in v2:

User enters the CC panel and upon changing the bitrate in the settings, the AutoDJ bitrate is changed automatically.

Usually the users set their live source to the same bitrate, the idea is to give them the convenience to change the AutoDJ bitrate via the panel. Now in v3 this is not possible, as, by default is a bad idea to leave the config file to be editable, and upon disabling this - the user can't change the AutoDJ bitrate without touching the autoDJ and icecast's config files.
I want to keep the current filosophy as I use in v2:

User enters the CC panel and upon changing the bitrate in the settings, the AutoDJ bitrate is changed automatically.
Well yes, that happens in v3 too.  The bit rate you set for mount points with the autoDJ enabled is the bit rate that the autoDJ uses for that mount point.

Now in v3 this is not possible
It most certainly is.

the user can't change the AutoDJ bitrate without touching the autoDJ and icecast's config files.
They can and I've already explained how to do it.  You set the bit rate for each mount point on the mount point tab.  The autoDJ uses that.  Unless I'm misunderstanding you, it's really quite straightforward.
Got it. Will now test it on a clean install and see how it is. So far - most of the bugs I encounter are gone.
I have to say I'm quite fond of the improvements to mountpoints in version 3.0.2.