Centovacast requires regular stream restart HELLLPPPPPPP

Read 4282 times
Hi,

I'm really hoping that somebody here can shed some light on a problem that has been ongoing for a little while. We have the very latest version of Centovacast (3.0.5) running on a dedicated server. The problem I'm about to explain has been happening for some time and I was hoping that when we updated to the latest version it would resolve it but it hasn't.

We currently have a 25 stream account although there are only three or four streams currently running. We do not use the auto DJ – we stream "live" from another server 24/7 and we use station playlist to output power station.

We are finding that at least once every 24 hours when we check the stream it is stuck on a particular track which seems to be looping about five seconds of that track. It's almost like whatever is in the cache memory is replaying and replaying and replaying. When we check station playlist it always shows us connected but disconnecting station playlist and reconnecting does not resolve the issue – the only way to resolve this is to restart the stream.

I've run a number of various tests to try and eliminate the problem including streaming from different software on a local computer (SAM broadcaster) and exactly the same thing happens – the stream will run for anything from 12 to 18 hours and then suddenly it will hit this loop – the source still remains connected but it is just playing a few seconds at a time and looping and the only way to resolve it is to restart the stream.

The server is mind blowingly powerful due to our expansion plans in the future and is running the latest version of Debian LINUX. The server is dedicated just for this purpose and apart from running bit torrent sync in the background (which we only store the other day so as not to cause and is set to specifically use different ports anyway) there is absolutely no reason why this should happen that I can see. Our server providers of an extensive test, hardware and the operating system and they have said that there is no problem.

We have rebooted the server after we did the update to 3.0.5 and inside me there was this warm snuggly feeling that everything was now going to be okay until tonight when I tuned into one of our streams to find that it was displaying the meta data to the previous show! The same thing it happened again :-(

Any advice would be really appreciated because I am at the stage where I have pulled so much hair out that I am now almost 100% bald!

Many thanks!
I am having the exact same issue with one of our accounts. It just keeps disconnecting, for me it is usually once a week, but this is still a major issue.
Samcast cannot reconnect until centova is manually restarted.

I have few other accounts streaming from the same IP to the same server (multiple centova accounts on server) and none of them has this issue, they have been connected for months continuously..

I have found this on Samcast forums:

http://support.spacialaudio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=32994

Hopefully this "fix" will sort out the issue.
It works. After I have set Disconnect idle sources after ...  to 30 seconds, I haven't had a single disconnect in weeks.