AutoDJ - Timing of repeats in an interval playlist

Read 12406 times
I'm a new user on the system and very pleased with the results so far.

I did some searches on this and didn't find anything, so apologies if this has already been covered.

I'm using Interval playlists in the AutoDJ facility to insert station idents and sponsor messages. I have them set for a specific interval, say 30 or 60 minutes.

What I really want to be able to do is to play an ident and and/or sponsor message, say at the top and bottom of the hour (after completion of current track), however this doesn't seem to be possible. It would be sufficient simply to be able to determine the start time of the interval, for example by enabling that playlist at a specific time, etc. However I can't seem to find a parameter that determines when the item plays.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks!
The only work-around I know is to set up a Scheduled playlist for each occurance of the event during the day, and set each one to play daily (so for one sponsor message on the hour+half hour, that's 48 playlists).

Somebody reported one snag with this method is that if you do a live show for, say, 4 hours, after the live show has finished the Auto DJ tries to catch up by playing all the missed items (e.g. you'd get the news 5 times).

The facility you describe has been requested many times before, but Centova don't seem to geddit how vital it is for some of us to be able to run news/ads/featues at specific times - the limit of once per day is nonsense - it needs to be at least once per hour/2/3hours etc (if you can't predict when an item will play, you can't promote it).  

Including the feature you mention for Interval playlist to simply start at specified times would transform what I could do with my stations.

A further improvment would be the ability to set day/date rules, so, for example, the ad would play only during the shop's open hours, and the news could be set to play only Mon-Fri daytimes etc...

I'm sure this, and more, would be totally easy for the developer to implement - computers excel this sort of thing!

Cheers.
how about the ability to include mpd and liquidsoap as a source? they both can replace ices. while the centova autodj rotation playlist feature is neat and has certainly more potential.

----
http://reboot.fm

----
http://reboot.fm
What I really want to be able to do is to play an ident and and/or sponsor message, say at the top and bottom of the hour

We'll be focusing on scheduling system improvements after the release of Centova Cast v3.0 -- this is one of the items on our roadmap.

how about the ability to include mpd and liquidsoap as a source?

We've revisited mpd time and time again as it really would be an ideal candidate for the autoDJ, but there are a few things that keep us from implementing support for it... one major one is the requirement that all of your media be pre-imported into its internal media library.  Granted it'd be possible to work around that, but there are technical considerations which would make it a pain to do.

liquidsoap support is on our wishlist already -- it'll take some work to get it integrated but I believe it does everything we need it to do.