broadcasters restart all the time and I get several emails saying restarted.

Read 37129 times
Ok, install:

Linux CentOS 6.3
Apache 2
Mysql
phpmyadmin

continue.......
I'am run the command:

./install.sh --channel=unstable --shoutcast2 --sctrans2

continue.....
Ok, ok .. perfect installation.
Let the creation of Webradio ....

continue...........
It seems even slutty ....
All right, but now a problem that ever happened to me.

I created the radio, mounted the playlists and climbed the MP3.

But when I mount the MP3 playlists to guess?

Shows no basis in MP3 .... joke ...
gutoeterno, I'm afraid I can't understand about 75% of what you're saying here on the forums, which makes it rather difficult to assist you.  In particular your comment about something seeming "slutty" appears to be a pretty awful mistranslation. ;)

With that said, looking at your sc_trans2 log, your problem *appears* to be either in DNAS2 or in sc_trans2 (and does NOT appear to be Centova Cast-related), based on the following entries:

Code: [Select]
2013-01-05 09:25:27 E msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 [UVOX2] 1529518295 socket send error.
2013-01-05 09:25:27 E msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Waiting 30 seconds
2013-01-05 09:25:53 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Creating stream socket
2013-01-05 09:25:53 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Connecting to stream host
2013-01-05 09:25:53 W msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]
2013-01-05 09:26:19 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Connecting to stream host
2013-01-05 09:26:19 W msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]
2013-01-05 09:26:45 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Connecting to stream host
2013-01-05 09:26:45 W msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]
2013-01-05 09:27:11 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Connecting to stream host
2013-01-05 09:27:11 W msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]
2013-01-05 09:27:37 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Connecting to stream host
2013-01-05 09:27:37 W msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]
2013-01-05 09:28:03 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Connecting to stream host
2013-01-05 09:28:03 W msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]
2013-01-05 09:28:29 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Connecting to stream host
2013-01-05 09:28:29 W msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]
2013-01-05 09:28:55 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Connecting to stream host
2013-01-05 09:28:55 W msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]
2013-01-05 09:29:21 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Connecting to stream host
2013-01-05 09:29:21 W msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]
2013-01-05 09:29:47 I msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Connecting to stream host
2013-01-05 09:29:47 W msg:[UVOX2] 1529518295 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]

sc_trans2 is experiencing a socket error while sending data to DNAS2.  You'd want to check your DNAS2 logs for the same date/time to see what DNAS2 has to say about it.

If this is indeed a problem with the SHOUTcast toolset, the best person to help you diagnose this would be the current developer of the SHOUTcast toolset, DrO... so it's rather unfortunate that you basically flipped him off when he tried to help you previously in an earlier post in this thread.
Steve, firstly thank you for responding.

Secondly, this User DRO made ​​an unfortunate comment and it did nothing for my problem and some users of Centovacast v3.

I'm two months trying to solve this problem by testing different versions of what is possible and so far nothing to solve the problem.

All of us here pay monthly for the license to use, test, improve new product Centovacast, exactly for this reason I think the company Centovacast Inc. should give priority to our problems and not be dependent on its User who made an unfortunate comment, because the only thing that appeared to be DRO is a person who finds himself above anyone else, but he is nothing more than a being like all of us here.

I believe that we consumers of the product is that we are "gods" here because we pay and we use Centovacast and us is that we do what other companies in the industry can not reach a global market that is only growing in this segment and all points check that the Centovacast Inc. achieve a more global mercaod is

You to understand and everyone reading this go to that post and see for yourself if I mistreated this User DRO, it did not help and neither contributed nothing, in short, he missed a great chance to remain silent.

Thanks and matter closed.
and as i stated at the time, i have no direct knowledge of what and where Centova handles sc_trans or any of the SHOUTcast tools (seeing as i don't have a copy or the means to access a working setup).

i don't get what your superiority complex is all about from the tone of your posts. i was not being 'above anyone else'. but yes i did make a mistake, trying to respond to you in the first place (i don't know if it was an inability to understand my english or that is just how you are) but i was clear in that i don't know Centova's workings and gave the best suggestion i could on what to try to look for - so i didn't get the name of the file correct but looking back, there was enough information in the log output for someone with access to the machine to look in the folders being shown so you could then try to figure out the actual log file.

what is needed is a test build of sc_trans to try to determine if the fixes which have been made internally make any difference or not. however, i cannot just provide a test build and say to install it when i've made default changes to the sc_trans behaviour to resolve port binding issues and other things. so it would typically require someone from Centova to first test that things will work and then it can be tried out.

but now twice you've basically told me to f**k off, yet you demand a solution from Centova when that is unlikely the point of the issue based on everything else i've been reading from the other threads and posts about this issue.

so what do you want? me to provide Centova with a test build of sc_trans to then see if that works or for me to f**k off and you then keep complaining that no one is helping you and blaming Centova when it is not their issue?

the ball is in your court!
Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:01:54 am by DrO
Hello DRO

It's really a pleasure to talk to you and know that we can help with all of the new users here Centovacast v3

Thanks indeed to collaborate, we know that there is no obligation to help, but their help is worth gold to us, I know how to pay a monthly license for Centovacast Inc. that she should instead have an obligation to help us, but it is a BETA they do not give any official support, but you must pay them a monthly license this BETA version, good is not going to understand?

I have a test server in the air and that is giving this error, I tried to install it several times and used numerous versions and the error persists.

I have another test server with Centovacast v3 but he is running Shoutcast v1 and works perfectly fine, so the problem is even Shoutcast v2

I'll send you a message with offline data from the server and you can see what really happens on the server.

When you see the problem happening and when you find the problem, please post the solution here so that other users of the Forum can also solve their problems.

Thanks again Dro.
All of us here pay monthly for the license to use, test, improve new product Centovacast, exactly for this reason I think the company Centovacast Inc. should give priority to our problems and not be dependent on its User who made an unfortunate comment
While I appreciate the difficulty of your situation, I feel it's important to clarify that you're paying monthly for a license for Centova Cast v2, and we give full, priority support to v2 issues via our helpdesk.

It just happens that we've designed v3 to accept the same licenses.  You're *choosing* to use your license with an unstable beta product, knowing full-well in advance that the only support we provide for it is via the forums where I periodically check in, and other community members assist.

Also FYI, you absolutely DO NOT have to pay to test v3.  We bumped our trial licenses up to 30 days (from 14) specifically for this reason when the first build of  v3 was released, and you're welcome to order as many trials licenses as you need to test v3.

because the only thing that appeared to be DRO is a person who finds himself above anyone else, but he is nothing more than a being like all of us here.
Maybe I haven't been clear enough about this, but no, he is not "like all of us here".  DrO is the current developer of the SHOUTcast toolset (sc_trans2 and SHOUTcast DNAS 2), so his knowledge of those products goes far above and beyond anyone else here, including me personally.

While he did not know the specific filename that Centova Cast configures sc_trans2 to use for its log file (because that's specific to Centova Cast) he is effectively the authoritative reference on all things SHOUTcast-related, and we're damned lucky to have him volunteering his time here on our forums.

I believe that we consumers of the product is that we are "gods" here because we pay and we use Centovacast and us is that we do what other companies in the industry can not reach a global market that is only growing in this segment and all points check that the Centovacast Inc. achieve a more global mercaod is
It's no secret that our clients are everything; without our loyal clients, we'd have no business at all and we'd be stuck in a different line of work altogether.  And when it comes to v2, I do hope our clients feel that appreciation in their dealings with us.

With that said, we have explicitly and repeatedly told our clients that Centova Cast v3 is a preview only and is not yet ready for production use, yet you and others are doing so and then complaining loudly when it doesn't yet work in production.  With all due respect, if I hand you a hammer and say "don't hit yourself in the forehead with this", and then you promptly use it to crack open your skull... well, you get the idea. ;)

Further, this issue is not looking like a Centova Cast issue at all (although again, I'd need you to do what I asked in my previous message in order to test that theory) so the whole discussion surrounding the level of support for this issue may be moot -- if it's a sc_trans2 issue, there's nothing we can do to resolve it on our end anyway.
Ok Steve, wise words and beautiful words.

But let's focus on the problem of users.
If the problem is in sc_trans2 how to solve?

The Centovacast Inc. will release the new version with the problem of resumption AutoDJ??

Help me understand this, because from what you told me is saying that he can do nothing, then this panel may not be sold, I really did not understand at what point you want to reach.

I already sent you the data ssh on my test server gently, so that you can see with your own eyes and this problem can finally give us the help we both dreamed.
But let's focus on the problem of users.
If the problem is in sc_trans2 how to solve?
Per the last paragraph of my last message (and as mentioned in several prior messages) if this is in fact an sc_trans2 issue there is absolutely nothing we at Centova Technologies can do about it because sc_trans2 is not our product.  sc_trans2 is owned by AOL/Nullsoft and we are not affiliated with them in any way.  You would just have to wait for a fix from them.

The Centovacast Inc. will release the new version with the problem of resumption AutoDJ??
Sorry but I don't think you've understood what I've said in my last few messages.  If it's an sc_trans2 issue, there is nothing we could do to fix it in a new version because again, sc_trans2 is not our product and any bugs in sc_trans2 are unrelated to Centova Cast.

sc_trans2 is owned and developed by AOL/Nullsoft.  DrO is the guy who maintains the sc_trans2 code there -- he does not work for us.  We at Centova Technologies have NOTHING to do with sc_trans2 development.

Help me understand this, because from what you told me is saying that he can do nothing, then this panel may not be sold, I really did not understand at what point you want to reach.
If this is an sc_trans2 issue it has nothing to do with Centova Cast or the sale of v3.  If it's an sc_trans2 bug,  then it's not specific to Centova Cast, and anyone who is using ANY stream control panel (or no control panel at all) will encounter this same issue with sc_trans2 if their configuration triggers the same bug.

Again though, we still don't know if it's an sc_trans2 issue or not.  I've asked you in message after message to check your DNAS2 logs to help confirm this, and that's the only way we can know for sure.
Correct, then we expect the users we would appreciate the help of the User Dro.
Now the ball is in time with him.

As I said before, I already sent you the data from my test server offline for a message so you could kindly look and see the problem and know who's to blame, or NullSoft or Centova.

The fact is that we are users, and for being users, we lay, dumb, stupid sometimes not aware in as deep as you and User Dro.

I believe that this problem could have been solved already passed the days and here if you conectase Forum on the server and look for you own where the problem lies.

I have kindly granted him access via ssh from my server so that you can see the problem.

Remembering that I'm here at the Forum to contribute and make critical, but constructive criticism, so you might as Administrator increasingly improve their product.

Just this.
Although I must say that gutoeterno has not responded with any type of professionalism at times on this post, frustrated people do tend to be rude. After all if the customer was happy they wouldn't be having issues to post about.

DrO although I see you were trying to be helpful in the original post, posting that you have no idea how to help and hes already been told what to do after he said he couldn't find the file isn't a very productive post and I can understand how that can be frustrating to someone who is looking for help. Sometimes its best to only post when you can actually help the matter.

And Steve B.to say that you decided not to help because you didn't like his attitude is definitely not a professional response. If I didn't help all the customers I don't like based on their attitude I wouldn't have to do much work..lol

All this being said however I've noticed the main response to this post is simple "your using a beta program and things don't work right all the time in beta testing" Yet I am having the same issue now and according to Centova the V3 is no longer in beta testing. I choose not to bother with the program and to stick with V2 till the official release of V3 to avoid issues just like this. For 10 hours I received a copy of this email every 10 mins. And although I haven't heard from the client yet I am pretty sure that after he sees 150 emails in his inbox telling him that his server restarted I'm sure hell be calling. So I searched to see how to resolve this issue before he brought it up to me. And seeing the contents of this post is not a promising start.

I have checked the error logs with no noticeable reason to tie to this showing up (the AutoDJ log seems to have no time stamp this seems useless when trying to match up to the times you were having errors) The Error log showed nothing before the ending of the emails.

So if we can not seem to sort out why, is there at least a way to turn of this specific email from being sent out 150 times to the client? I would think that we should have the ability to pick and choose what emails we want to be used. Not having the option to disable an auto email seems a bit odd to me.

In final this is no longer being beta tested, so is there a resolution to this issue yet?
Friends, I have this problem, from the time that I installed  ccV3 in my server.
Steve says is a problem with Sc_trans_V2, unsolved momentarily, until the Nullsoft do an update with the fix for this problem.
Another problem is the quality of audio in AACP performed in live broadcasts using DJport.
This quality has never been or will be met as AACP.
Anyway, I gave up trying to in solve the problem and I'm using only shoutcastV1 and Icecast2 in my seasons, until such problems are resolved by Nullsoft.
If you have another solution, I am buying and paying well.
Although I must say that gutoeterno has not responded with any type of professionalism at times on this post, frustrated people do tend to be rude. After all if the customer was happy they wouldn't be having issues to post about.
You realize this is a 3 month old thread, right? ;)

DrO although I see you were trying to be helpful in the original post
DrO will never see your reply, unfortunately, as after the barrage of nasty posts he received in response to simply trying to help, he stopped visiting our forums.  Which is a big loss to everyone else here who actually appreciated the free support he was trying to provide in his free time.

And Steve B.to say that you decided not to help because you didn't like his attitude is definitely not a professional response. If I didn't help all the customers I don't like based on their attitude I wouldn't have to do much work..lol
That's not quite what I said.  The forums are a venue for people to provide voluntary assistance to other members of the community.  They're not part of our official support offering, and I don't respond to every thread here.  Had this been a helpdesk ticket (eg: paid support), it would have been a different situation -- although even on the helpdesk, there are limits to the amount of abuse I'm willing to allow my staff to be subjected to.  But here on the forums, I'm not going to continue volunteering my time in participating in a forum thread where people are getting abusive.

All this being said however I've noticed the main response to this post is simple "your using a beta program and things don't work right all the time in beta testing" Yet I am having the same issue now and according to Centova the V3 is no longer in beta testing.
Centova Cast v3 is no longer in beta, but SHOUTcast DNAS v2 and sc_trans2 are both still beta products.  If you choose to use them with Centova Cast, you do so at your own risk.  We do not and cannot guarantee that they will work for you as they are third-party products that are totally outside of our control.

We will guarantee OUR side of the relationship, of course -- if there are any bugs in our DNAS2/sc_trans2 integration, we will most definitely fix them as they are reported -- but ANY SHOUTcast control panel vendor who claims to be able to guarantee the stability of DNAS2/sc_trans2 is lying to you to make a sale.  Only AOL/Nullsoft can control the stability of their software.

For 10 hours I received a copy of this email every 10 mins.
That's not related to this thread; that sounds like your configuration has been trashed or somesuch.  This thread is about an intermittent crash in sc_trans2.  If you're getting the emails consistently every 10 minutes, that means your sc_trans2 is consistently exiting after a short period of time, every time Centova Cast restarts it, which is a very different situation.

I have checked the error logs with no noticeable reason to tie to this showing up (the AutoDJ log seems to have no time stamp this seems useless when trying to match up to the times you were having errors)
And the above sounds like you're talking about ices, not sc_trans2.  If so, you're completely in the wrong thread -- this thread is specifically in regard to sc_trans2.  (And agreed, I think it's silly that ices does not log timestamps.)

So if we can not seem to sort out why, is there at least a way to turn of this specific email from being sent out 150 times to the client?
Sure can.  Would be much easier to help you if you opened a helpdesk ticket though.

I would think that we should have the ability to pick and choose what emails we want to be used. Not having the option to disable an auto email seems a bit odd to me.
Sure would be odd.

In final this is no longer being beta tested, so is there a resolution to this issue yet?
To your issue, which has nothing to do with this thread?  Probably -- in fact, almost certainly.  To the issue with sc_trans2 which is the topic of this thread?  No, that can only be resolved by AOL/Nullsoft.