Admin permission denied.. And....

Read 8895 times
Okay so lets see... Running CCv3..

Added a reseller account..(Fine)
Added some streams in the reseller account(fine)
Added DJs to one of the streams (Fine).......Nope not fine.

Got about 3 DJs added, then it errored out when trying to relog back in with a permission denied error.

I talked with the other owner, and said to run an update... So I did... The update flanked out the first time.. And after that, the URL to the login page, wont load up now... says it can't establish a connection.

Ran update 2nd time... All went through fine that time.. But still login page wont load up.

Did something happen to get messed up during the mess up of the update the first time when it errored?   Shouldnt have the 2nd time it went through fixed it up?

I didnt "think" of running the fixperm command, as I thought that was only for File manager, Is that able to fix other things too ?

No idea what to do now..

Also when I run a status check, I get the following:
Code: [Select]
/etc/init.d/centovacast status
cc-web: not running
cc-control: running (pid 792)
cc-appserver: running (pid 791)
cc-ftpd: not running
cc-imaged: running (pid 806)

When I try to start cc-web, I get the following:
Code: [Select]
/etc/init.d/centovacast start-web
Attempting to start web: cc-web nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (98: Address already in use)
nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (98: Address already in use)
nginx: [emerg] still could not bind()
- failed
Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:54:56 pm by DJFire_CFR
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Got about 3 DJs added, then it errored out when trying to relog back in with a permission denied error.
Whenever you receive an error message, if you would like assistance with it please copy/paste the exact error message.  If it's the silver box with a red titlebar in the middle of the screen with a gray background, click the "Details" link too and copy that down as well.

Without the exact error information it's next to impossible to diagnose an error.

The update flanked out the first time..
Again, we'd need an error message to diagnose.

When I try to start cc-web, I get the following:
Attempting to start web: cc-web nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (98: Address already in use)

I assume you are with (or are) this guy.
Whenever you receive an error message, if you would like assistance with it please copy/paste the exact error message.  If it's the silver box with a red titlebar in the middle of the screen with a gray background, click the "Details" link too and copy that down as well.

Without the exact error information it's next to impossible to diagnose an error.

I could get the error, if the login page would load... =\

Again, we'd need an error message to diagnose.

in SSH pretty much the only error it gave was a not found error... but when running it the 2nd time, it went through.

I assume you are with (or are) this guy.

I am with him... but I am not him.   He is the other owner.. Just happens to not pay attention to my posts.. haha :)
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Hey Steve...  I got that error again... So this time I got a screen shot of it...  its the access denied error, when I try to log in as Admin.

CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
I can't see any way you could receive that error when logging in as 'admin'... CC shouldn't be accessing any other account (in this case, your 'crossfir3' account) during the login process for 'admin'.

The only thing I can think of is that your PHP session somehow got corrupted... you might want to try logging out and clearing your browser cookies, then logging back in to make sure you get a fresh session.
After some looking into things, and matching up, as i was able to replicate the issue a few times... I think I figured out what the problem really was..

I was logged in as Admin in 1 tab.. .In another tab, I was logged into a DJ account checking to make sure everything was working.. Logged out of the DJ account, which took me back in as admin, because of being logged in as admin in the previous tab.

Logging in a "3rd" time as another DJ to check on things (still being logged in as admin in the previous tab) and that was when the error popped up ...

Upon logging out of "everything".. It auto cleared the error message when logging back in as admin again.

So I guess you could call it a "end users error"...  :o
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Yes I noticed that also, I am used to having multiple tabs open but you can't with this when your admin (would this be a sessions issue?), not sure if it happens with resellers
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Ah ok, that sounds like correct behavior then.  In PHP, sessions aren't tied to a browser window/tab, they're tied to a cookie which is tied to the whole browser.  So you'll find with the vast majority of PHP scripts (including Centova Cast's web interface) that if you for example login, then open two tabs, then logout from one tab, you'll find that the other tab also shows you as logged out the next time you do anything in that tab.

When you login to a client's account in Centova Cast (from the account list, using the "lightning bolt" icon), you are completely changing your user context from "admin" to "user".  So anything you do in ANY tab is now in the context of that user.

When you logout from ANY tab, you will be returned to the admin account.

And -- for convenience purposes -- if you attempt to access any admin page after logging in as a user from the accounts list, it will automatically log you out of the user account and back into the admin account, just as if you'd hit the logout link yourself.