Request Song

Read 16149 times
It's good if Centova Cast has request song as SAM Broadcaster. Anybody can choose the song on playlist. When the click the song choosen, automatically queue up in the Song List (random Playlist)
I would like to second this request.   I have an extensive amount of songs uploaded to the AutoDJ, so it would be great if my listeners could request a song to be played next, and then if its available, it plays after the current song.

www.sto-radio.com

www.sto-radio.com

www.sto-radio.com
I would really like to see this feature as well! I am starting a new radio and am currently looking around for a web-based autodj software. I'm amazed that there really aren't any with an auto-request system!
If a request system like this existed it would make me purchase centova immediately.
Thanks for the feedback -- good to know this is in demand, we've made a note of it for a future release.

The reason the song request system works the way it does right now is mainly because 1) it was added almost as an afterthought so it was intentionally fairly simple, and 2) most music licensing authorities in North America and (as I understand it) the U.K. specifically forbid allowing listeners to request tracks in an automated manner like this... although granted, not everyone is broadcasting licensed music and/or located in these regions. :)
I have heard that it is now against music licensing policy to allow users to request songs, and if they do it must be something like 15 minutes after the request that the song is played.

www.SwiftLayer.com
[COLOR="Navy"]?[/COLOR] Litespeed Enterprise Web Hosting
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]?[/COLOR] Shoutcast internet Radio Stream Hosting
[COLOR="Navy"]?[/COLOR] IRC & IRCd Internet Relay Chat Hosting
A feature like "delay request for 20 minutes" or "after 6 songs have played" would be useful if feasible.
Yes PLEASE add this - has been something I've been looking for all over and nothing :(

Centova has been perfect for me so far, this would add that last item on my list of things for my users.

Having worked with U.K Licensing bodies before, You can have automated requests aslong as it sticks to the licensing rules such as you cant play no more than 3 songs from the same album within 3 hours etc. So its fine to implament this, and its somthing i would really like to see, since SAM is the only program that provides this so far.

Please add this feature :)

Regards