Auto Dj encoder Question

Read 4806 times
While Helping a customer with there auto dj encoder setup I discovered something that i'm sure its a bug or a mistake when centova was coded if you use the server owners login (not the admin then login as client) click settings --> AutoDJ --> Encoder you will see Stream Name, Description, Genre, and Public

Now if you login using your centova admin info and then go login as that same client and you click settings --> AutoDJ --> Encoder you will see Stream Name, Description, Genre, Public, Re-encodeing, Channels, Sample Rate, and Bitrate

Under the admin client login you have 4 options that the client them selfs do not have

Re-encodeing, Channels, Sample Rate, and Bitrate

Any idea why?

How i discovered was the client said his music sounded like the chipmonks, so I told him where to go and he didn't have the options so I logged in as him and yep they were not there  so I had to login under my admin account to fix it from some reason re-encodeing was off and the bit rate was set to 32kbs should have been on and at 96kbs....I dont know why it changed it has up until today been working just fine....I did update centova on oct 31 so maybe that is what made it change.

Not a bug, and this has worked the same way since v2.x.

Background as to why you probably don't want clients having access to this is provided here, and if you decide you really do want to let users do this, you can edit the settings under "Privileges and Policy Enforcement" in /usr/local/centovacast/etc/centovacast.conf.
Ok I made the changes in the file how to make centova 3.0 apply the changes?
/etc/init.d/centovacast restart