You have exceeded the maximum of 3 reissuances in a 96-hour period and rant

Read 6006 times
I'm just about beside myself.

Trying to fix a problem I've install v3 multiple times; I've had to reissue the license several times since yesterday.

Now I just need to get my 2.2 25 station license I purchased moved to a new server and it has to be today, and now I get this message...

'You have exceeded the maximum of 3 reissuances in a 96-hour period.'

NO where on the client area where you manage your license is this posted.  Had I known, I would have been careful!

My license is on 1 ip and I can't move it to the new machine which is mandatory for me today. 

I have multiple messages and tickets open  in the last 24 hrs concerning this as well as not being able to gain access to the software I purchased; also alerting them to the the urgency and there is no response.

This isn't urgent because I want to "play", it is a serious matter that effects my life.

OH, it wouldn't matter anyway!  I can't get access to what I purchased!

I own a 25 station license and cannot download it to reinstall on the new server because my support is ended?  (nov 11, 2011)

What on earth does this have to do with downloading what I purchased.

I read in the forums, you can only access it until your support expires and then you have to pay support again , just to download? 

I NEVER received the original file of CC to start with! CC was installed for me here for payment; No one alerted me of this file or a time frame to download it or I can't.

Had I known, I would have had it in my archives.

I have no money, oh wait, $35 in the bank till next week.  Not enough! to get a copy of what I purchased!

I've also paid for extra technical help in the past plus had a lease for almost a year, I would think someone would help me.

HELP!!!!
Unbelievable
my direct email is cage@linuxcage.org
'You have exceeded the maximum of 3 reissuances in a 96-hour period.'

NO where on the client area where you manage your license is this posted.  Had I known, I would have been careful!
Good point, we should probably warn of this beforehand.

I have multiple messages and tickets open  in the last 24 hrs concerning this as well as not being able to gain access to the software I purchased; also alerting them to the the urgency and there is no response.
No response?  Apologies for my forwardness, but that is simply untrue.

Your tickets that were opened prior to business hours were responded to within 25 minutes of start-of-business this morning, and the two that were submitted during business hours were responded to within 8 minutes and 12 minutes of being opened.  I feel that that's a rather reasonable response time.

I own a 25 station license and cannot download it to reinstall on the new server because my support is ended?  (nov 11, 2011)

What on earth does this have to do with downloading what I purchased.
It is clearly noted on our web site that owned licenses come with 1 year of support and updates, after which the license will be incompatible with new updates.  A (deeply discounted) renewal fee gets you another year of support and updates.

We have redesigned the order page a few times to try to cram as much useful information onto it as clearly as possible.  For obvious reasons we can't write a novel on the order page and spell out every last term and condition, but I think it does a reasonable job of summarizing everything.

Back to your question, we don't maintain every version of the product that we've ever released on our download servers.  Your license expired a year ago and several new versions have been released since then.  The latest version is not available for you to download since you are not licensed to use it (per the 1-year upgrade period) and if we did provide you access to it, you'd simply receive a licensing error if you tried to install it.

I NEVER received the original file of CC to start with! CC was installed for me here for payment; No one alerted me of this file or a time frame to download it or I can't.
The timeframe is noted on our order page.  As for not being alerted of the file, on November 4 2010 our system sent you an email stating:
Code: [Select]
You may login to your client area to obtain your software product and documentation at:

https://secure.centova.com/cp/client/

After logging in, click "Manage Product Licenses", then click on your order.

I have no money, oh wait, $35 in the bank till next week.  Not enough! to get a copy of what I purchased!

I've also paid for extra technical help in the past plus had a lease for almost a year, I would think someone would help me.
Right, and two different staff members (Mark and Alexiu) did indeed help you to the best of their abilities on the helpdesk.  On top of that, you made a personal appeal to me for help today via email and PM, to which I tried to respond favorably... and now I find your post here on the forums blasting us all.
Hello Steve and all those who read this,
I apologize for this rant. It was out of place, and I should not have made such a post.

I expressed this in pm with an apology to you and felt very bad, and also asked  if we could delete it but I deserve this, I think it's better this way in case anyone did read it and get eth wrong impression.

I am truly sorry to you and staff if I've offended anyone, it wasn't intentional. Your staff has always been polite and professional.  Most responses were very timely and helpful and all expectable. I was grateful and expressed it in most of them.

Maybe in a week, I might be able to pry this foot out of my mouth if I'm lucky.

I had been up all night and got pretty stressed over the past 4 days of banging my head before I asked for help and this was just one thing I was facing but tied into the rest.  I didn't have to wait so long before asking for help which is a personal problem.

Being overly tired and stressed to the point I was at, when I started to make a new post and writing, without much thought (that’s apparent) I just kept typing.  I was nodding out at my desk from lack of sleep having averaging g 3 hrs a night for the last 5 days. I was so tired, I lost my senses when I did this. This is not a true reflection of who I am or have been my last 40 yrs . I know it's no excuse, just the truth.

Again, I'm sorry all.
Humbled
my direct email is cage@linuxcage.org