remove htmlview from the asx file

Read 13371 times
How can i remove the htmlview portion of the asx file.

Windows Media tuner wont add me to their listing until its removed....
indiecore.net - playing everything that f**king rocks!
theycallmeruffi.com - my personal site
You can not do that because the file is encrypted as many other files (without logic :))

Best regards,
CyberMix
if you use this form it'll work

101 Kickin Country
   101 Kickin Country.com
   Country Music
   2009 Copyright 101 KickinCountry.com

101KickinCountry
     101KickinCountry.com

The Best In Country Music

russfullwood
okay if you will email me ill send you the form to use on media tuner that removes the htmlview if you havnt already done it
baddkaos@gmail.com

russfullwood
please help with removing HTMLView from my ASX

thanks
dj 1 lovetSK

Dj 1 Love
TOTAL HITZ RADIO
http://www.totalhitzradio.com
How can i remove the htmlview portion of the asx file.

OK, we've heard you all loud and clear and we've got a patch available to turn this off now.

Feel free to ask your host to contact our helpdesk (or do so yourself if you're one of our clients) to obtain the patch and instructions.

You can not do that because the file is encrypted as many other files (without logic :))

This is a comment we hear often, and while this is totally unrelated to the matter at hand, I should point out that it is actually very much "with logic".  If you distribute a commercial script that has licensing restrictions built into it, and you don't encrypt ALL of your PHP source code, you may as well just remove your licensing code altogether.

I'm not going to publish instructions for licensing circumvention but suffice to say that if you have access to certain specific, non-encoded portions of an encoded script's code (and no, I'm not referring to the licensing code itself :) ) it's usually possible to disable its licensing checks with little effort if you know PHP well enough.  This can be done in pure PHP and does not require binary extensions nor altering the PHP function/symbol tables, although those are valid approaches too.

There are many well-known scripts on the market today (orders of magnitude more well-known than Centova Cast) that are vulnerable to this, and yes, I've done it myself in testing.  Distributing the code that generates the WMP ASX file probably wouldn't open up any vulnerability in Centova Cast, but we can't realistically go through the hundreds of PHP files in Centova Cast individually to make that decision on a per-file basis.  So we encode everything.