v3 cluster hosting - can we disable it

Read 4896 times
I see a few of you have also gotten the below error,

Under System Status in 3.0, it Displays:

'Cluster host connection failure for SpinStream Media: Connection refused (111)' whicxh seems to leed to account creation failure.

Sincethis error appears to stop the creation of an account for me, and I don't need this feature, I'd like to disable it in hopes of bypassing the error and creating an account successfully.

Digging around I see we can disable this in v2.2 in the config.php file.

Does anyone know where this feature is in v3 or if it exists?  Thers no config.php in v3 that I can find but I did find autoconfig.php which doesnt seem to have the cluster option unless I missed it.

Thanks for any input

my direct email is cage@linuxcage.org
'Cluster host connection failure for SpinStream Media: Connection refused (111)' whicxh seems to leed to account creation failure.
For help with that, please refer to the sticky with this error message as its title.

Sincethis error appears to stop the creation of an account for me, and I don't need this feature, I'd like to disable it in hopes of bypassing the error and creating an account successfully.
You do need this feature.  The control daemon controls all process management and disk access for your clients' accounts.  If it's not running, CC is dead in the water.

Digging around I see we can disable this in v2.2 in the config.php file.
This feature did not exist in v2.x.  Most likely you're confusing it with the SSO/API clustering functionality in 2.x, which is completely different.

If you're not running the latest build, be sure to update as the control daemon is much more stable in modern builds.  If you are, then see the sticky as I mentioned above.
Hi Steve,
Thank you for point out the necessity of this, I had no clue and how better to search in forums.
Also yes, I msut have confused the config file that had the option to disable cluster in 2.x

I did have some success but not wit hicecast yet.

CC with Icecast install (fail)
I did a clean reinstalled with ices a couple times, also a couple times with the command line to grab it from source

each install showed successful

after ea install, checked panel (after clearing cache), same error

checked staus, each time all services wernt up so did a restart, checked again, all services up. checked panel, same error

decided to switch gears and try Shoutcast

CC with shoutcast install
Tested install with shoutcast,  showed successful. 
No error in panel this time, and the first time it showed licensed.

I could create an account, that was nice to see :) by the way, love the new layout...

tested creating templates, resellers, and clients with and without autoDJ. All created fine

Logged in as client, tried to start the shoutcast stream could not be started:
Could not start server: Application binary has not been configured for ShoutCast2 on Spin Stream Media.

Did some reading, found one post that said they had to install shoutcast and icecast manually and it worked, it had a link to a doc that is now dead (404).

so I decided to installed shoutcast manually since this CC install got past the connection error
ran it from command line, but CC wont connect to it, but thats no suprise, I didnt expect that to happen.  I would guess it has to be configure by CC during install.

I'll have to go back and keep hamering on icecast install to get it uinstalled without the error this is about.  Since it got by this error with shoutcast, its got me banging my head over icecast since this is the prefered source we would want.

We tested shoutcast an couldnt seem to get past 2,000 connections before it would kill a new server.
Ive not tested but heard icecast can handle much more before dying.
my direct email is cage@linuxcage.org