Allow reseller over selling

Read 3333 times
At present a reseller can only sell what they've been allocated so they cant over sell.

I also sell cpanel, so I'm used to resellers being able to over sell as it increases flexibility and means we can offer resellers a better deal.

I'd like to see over selling allowed on bandwidth and autodj space.

So at the moent if i allocate 5gb autodj, the reseller could allocate 1gb to 5 different accounts, with over selling they could offer 10gb to 5gb accounts and only be emailed when the resellers combined usage exceeds 5gb..

And the same principle for bandwidth.
Galaxy Web Solutions Ltd Est. 2004
Shoutcast/Icecast Hosting + Shoutcast/Icecast Reseller Solutions
Transcoding, GeoLocking, Flash Streaming, Mobile Streaming & more
GalaxyWebSolutions.com | 0800 61 24689 | 01454 620 217
Any update on this guys?
Rick if I may say, overselling anything is not a good idea. In my opinion wouldn't it be a better idea to upsell the client to a better plan when they get close to their quota? Centovacast/Shoutcast is not really cpu intensive but can be ram intensive. If you offered overselling to all your clients and they used that ability it can cause serious server performance issues and every one suffers.
I understand your concern, however other software such as cPanel allows over selling (hence where the idea came from). And if done properly, over selling can benefit us a streaming providers, our resellers and the end-users - because we either have to offer a set limit, or offer 'unlimited'.

I still think over selling should be an option, because I see many centova cast resellers offering 'unlimited' everything, probably because the method of settings limits doesn't work well (it lacks any flexibility).

I have however built our own code which allows us to allow our resellers to over sell and we have no problems with clients causing problems, because we know what each machine can handle and what bandwidth we have available.

Before we had over selling, we struggled to sell reseller accounts. Since being able to over sell now have quite a few resellers.