Media and File managment

Read 3586 times
Hi,

I have just recently installed V3 and I have to say, amazing work guys!

Currently I am still not very experienced with the Web interface yet, but I am hopping I will get better in the near future.

The problem I have right now is that the File manager will not display files, although I have upload them. In order to make the files re-appear I have to press the upload button and the close it again. Also for some reason folders (media, on-demand) appear as "Unknown/Binary File".

Now when I go to the Media library all the files that I have uploaded do not appear. I was reading the the manual that there is a link which updates all the flies in the media in the lower part of the playlist management, however that link does not appear to be anywhere in my test installation.

I probably have done / doing something silly. This is a fresh CentOS 5 64 server for testing Centova, thus if you want to log in to see for your self, just PM me and I will provide all the info.

Thank you very much!
The problem I have right now is that the File manager will not display files, although I have upload them. In order to make the files re-appear I have to press the upload button and the close it again. Also for some reason folders (media, on-demand) appear as "Unknown/Binary File".
Please run /usr/local/centovacast/sbin/fixperms and see if that helps.  Also clear your browser cache and restart the browser -- the issue with files not displaying on the first load sounds like a cache issue.

Now when I go to the Media library all the files that I have uploaded do not appear.
How did you upload them?

I was reading the the manual that there is a link which updates all the flies in the media in the lower part of the playlist management, however that link does not appear to be anywhere in my test installation.
You're looking at the v2 documentation.  In v3, if you use a supported upload mechanism, your media library is updated automatically.