Centovacast www on different port

Read 6999 times
Hey Steve.

Ive been pulling hairs all day on this one.

i installed V2 on a debian server today for tests. i have another control panel that utilise port 80..and whenever i go to  mydomain.com/cast it just goes to the other Control panel (the Cast folder is there and it worked before i installed the second control panel). is there a way to give Centova a different port so they can work side by side and not fight like 2 little kids ;) ?
Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:17:20 pm by guytrance
Hello Guytrance,

I'm not sure what exactly are you trying to accomplish here. As you probably know Centova Cast depends on Apache to access it's web interface, so to change the port for Centova Cast it will mean changing the port where Apache listens as well. Which will also change the port where all your web applications listens (not just Centova Cast), unless ofcourse your other control panel is self contained, then you simply have to change your Apache configuration to listen on a different port.

Hope this helps.
Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:10:50 pm by Roger
Hey Roger, Thanx for replying.

Well bassicaly i'm trying to let CentovaCast and another control panel work side by side. (Airtime by Sourcefabric) i need Airtime to act as the "live Source" and stream to centova...(sort of a dj software if you will) and the whole idea is to let Centova manage the meta tags and the widgets and the statistics..but..as you can guess..Airtime works also on port 80...

So i figured if i can do that with V3 which utilize port 2199...i can surely do that with V2?
I had no problem when doing this in V3..it just worked for both out of the box

And yes i think Airtime is self contained.
EDIT: Airtime uses Apache2...can that create a conflict in V2/V3?
If your second control panel realy uses Apache, it shouldn't have no problem working side by side with Centova Cast.

My guess is that somehow the second panel rewrites some of Apache's configurations, or probably uses mod_rewrite to redirect all not used URIs to it's login page (a common practice to increase security).

You probably just need to set up some virtual hosts on your apache config and set Centova Cast to a subdomain.