Sctrans2 restarting every 5 minutes, server log fail and autodj failure

Read 7420 times
I get this on the event log (and constant e-mail is sending)

"Application process sctrans2 for MYSERVICE is down and should be up; restarting: successful" and its every 5 minutes!

Another thing I noticed its that my autodj says "its notrunning" but IT IS, it says currently offline (it isnt) when I see it on the Accounts List

Another thing... Server Logs gae me an error "Invalid response received from server: Failed to open map for.."

Even with all this... the server never truly stops... autodj is WORKING and my stream is uninterrupted... the only thing that matters to me is that every 5 minutes I receive an e-mail from the restart sctrans.... :( Help!
Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 12:53:16 pm by NSM
I get this on the event log (and constant e-mail is sending)

"Application process sctrans2 for MYSERVICE is down and should be up; restarting: successful" and its every 5 minutes!
That means sc_trans2 is exiting for some reason.  Check your sc_trans2 log to find out why.

Another thing I noticed its that my autodj says "its notrunning" but IT IS, it says currently offline (it isnt) when I see it on the Accounts List
Probably related to the above -- most likely you've got a second copy of sc_trans2 running in the background that needs to be killed off.  After killing it, run /usr/local/centovacast/sbin/fixperms as usually this type of thing happens as the result of your permissions being damaged.

Another thing... Server Logs gae me an error "Invalid response received from server: Failed to open map for.."
This looks like some kind of corruption in your database -- CC's UTF8 encoder is saying it's trying to process a JSON string as a character set name, which is completely nonsensical.  Does this happen every time you access the log manager?
I have managed to solve the first two issues by changing (with RAW config) the port of sctrans admin from 8005 to 8006... it previously said it was in use but CMD told me it was in use by itself

The log.... yeah, it shows evertime and it isnt solved... what can i do?

The log.... yeah, it shows evertime and it isnt solved... what can i do?

I'm afraid I can't really offer any suggestions here as I've never seen this before and it shouldn't, logically, be able to happen unless your database is corrupted somehow.  If it's corrupted, the only solutions you have are to either roll back to a good backup, or reinstall.

If you want me to take a look at it to confirm whether it's corrupted, I'm happy to do so, but in order to do so I'd need your Centova Cast URL and admin password and the root password to your server.
I am with some issue like that  too. The account is really with auto dj working but in control panel the auto dj show the start button for auto dj (like if auto dj be off) and that message was sent by the system:

"This message is to inform you that your streaming server went down in the past few minutes, but has been restarted successfully.

This message is for informational purposes only, and no action is required on your part."

I saw that this is caused by some port conflit of sc_trans. Because in log I can see messages that port was in use. When I change the sc_trans admin port to some other and restart all it normalize. I still don't know what action from user cause that port conflit.

I saw that for some reason the system start sc_trans many times and when that happens if you stop the auto dj some of the running sc_trans connect and is not more possible start the auto dj via play button of the panel.

I am not sure about what cause that, but if that panel start the sc_trans every time that the user click in auto dj start button the fact of the buttons not change the status since click in return button of main page after some command can confuse some users, that click again and again in start buttom due think that nothing happened. 
Other information. Something killed the shoutcast v2 but not the sc_trans v2. Sc_trans can cause some crash in shoutcast v2?