"Cluster host authentication failure" message

Read 7663 times
Hi all,

I'm having an urgent issue with Centovacast 3 beta. I'm running version 3.0.0b2 and just checked for updates this morning, downloading the update that was posted yesterday.

Anyway, I installed Centovacast 3 a few weeks ago without any problems, but then re-installed yesterday due to what I thought at the time was a database error. After the re-installation, everything works again, except that I get the following error almost everywhere in the system, and my clients are unable to start, stop, or otherwise control their streaming media servers because of this problem:

"Cluster host authentication failure: authentication failed."

I know someone already posted this error in another topic in the forums, but they didn't actually say how to fix it, which is why I'm posting this again.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can fix this issue please let me know. Even the cron job is failing to run because of this problem.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided!

-Logan
That typically means that either /usr/local/centovacast/etc/rpcshadow has been tampered with, or that a database from a different copy of Centova Cast has been installed on a new Centova Cast installation.

In either case, the solution is to login to Centova Cast as admin, click Hosts, then edit the server (probably called "Local") and put the correct key in the "Authentication key" field.  The correct key can be found in /usr/local/centovacast/etc/rpcshadow.