ices or ices-cc?

Read 7030 times
Hey guys.

I was wondering what is the best ices to use for icecast with V3?

i reused V3 to check out the updates made recently, and found that stream titles and song names were working correctly..but then i had the streaminfo.js issue and  had to reinstall V3 and icecast and along the way everything went messy, now either with ices-cc or ices i cant seem to get the meta tags of whats playing. so i was wondering is it because ices, ices-cc or the icecast ver' (2.3.3)?

Currently installed icecast 2.3.3 on V3b2 using ices-cc..and getting current song not available.
needles to say despite it says source not connected, the autodj is playing in the background and i can hear the track.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2w3xdt4.png

but whats weird is..iTunes seem to get the metatags correctly lol. but not Centova and the widgets.

And for Steve..sorry to post it on another topic but you were right..when i changed the streaminfo,js it breaks the Centovacast java applications and do not load the settings window or recent tracks, so i had to delete the lines i edited. hopefully i can find the problem in Wordpress thats causing it.
Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:37:21 am by guytrance
In adition to that..

Admin panel now gives Cronjob error.

Cron job error
Centova Cast's cron job is not running on schedule (possibly not at all). This may result in various Centova Cast problems ranging from statistics problems to licensing errors. Most often this is the result of a cron configuration error.

For assistance in diagnosing this problem, please consult the Cron Job Problems article in the Centova Cast knowledge base.
After trying to figure things out alone regarding the streaminfo.js and the meta tags i clearly realized that something was messed up with the install...so i wiped my server and reinstalled CentOS6 along with CC V3 and everything went back to normal with the exception of the streaminfo.js.

No matter what i try..it seems that the file just wont work with my WP site..i'm at a total loss..so Steve if your reading this and can get a glimpse of the problem i would appreciate it..just inspect element and see the error in the page.

Thank you for any kind of help.

www.tranceil.fm

**(there is one more issue that might be a bug..but all the meta tags that are shoing anywhere have a prefix of 'unknown' like so --> "06:06 PM - Now playing: Unknown - Loverush UK feat Maria Nayler One And One Pedro Del Mar Double V Remix on Stream Name at 128kbps")**
Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:07:46 am by guytrance
The stream info widget seems to work fine at the URL you provided (tested with Firefox 13).

I did notice that you seem to not be following the instructions though -- you've got the /system/streaminfo.js reference in your <head> section, not at the bottom of the page as instructed on the "Widgets" page.  That could cause problems with some browsers.
Hey Steve thanx for the reply.

I moved the script to the footer as suggested.

Everything works now after exhausting tests and re-edits to the streaminfo.js file.

If you like i can send you the file to compare and see what fixed my issues..(basically i had to change almost every $ sign to jQuery except a few and add $ =jQuery string at the end..that fixed it for my website though.)

But it didn't fixed the unkonwn prefix i'm getting..what you saw was nicecast broadcasting the meta to Centova with no problem....but when autodj is working...i get unknown prefix.

I disabled nicecast..now you can see the prefix error..
Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:21:19 pm by guytrance
The "Unknown" means that Centova Cast can't identify the track in your media library.  The "Unknown" is being inserted where the artist name would normally appear.

Most likely that's because, for whatever reason, sc_trans2 isn't providing the current song's information to ShoutCast2 in "Artist - Title" or "Artist - Album - Title" format... at the time I checked, the song title being returned on your station was "Loverush UK feat Maria Nayler One And One Pedro Del Mar Double V Remix".

I'd guess that either your MP3 is tagged incorrectly (eg: missing the artist entirely), or it's tagged in a way that sc_trans2 doesn't like.  Check your sc_trans2 logs to see how it's parsing the ID3 tags.  It's also possible that you altered the displaymetadatapattern setting in your sc_trans2 configuration, in which case it's just doing what you told it to do.