streaminfo.js Missing

Read 9732 times
Hey guys.

I'm trying to put the stream info on my website..after a lot of failed attempts i pinpointed the problem to the streaminfo.js, it is missing..theres no system folder in my webroot, further more, 'locate' and 'find' commands gives no result when searching the file in the server (from top to buttom).

Any idea?
Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:44:16 am by guytrance
After running an 'updatedb' command the files is found @ /usr/local/centovacast/web/system/streaminfo.js

and i'm guessing the file is being called after all through port 2199? so why i cant get my stream info to run..?

i used <span id="cc_strinfo_title_tranceilfm" class="cc_streaminfo"></span><br /> in the header

and <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://94.23.250.14:2199/system/streaminfo.js"></script> in the footer

www.tranceil.fm
Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:36:30 pm by guytrance
Fixed!

the streaminfo.js was lacking the $ symbol interpretation , added jQuery(function($) {

in the head of the file and });
at the end.

i just wish the guys at Centova would have answered this really simple solution that took me a few days to find.

Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:18:47 am by guytrance
i just wish the guys at Centova would have answered this really simple solution that took me a few days to find.
There is no way we could have answered that because on an intact Centova Cast installation, no modifications to streaminfo.js are needed.  If you had to make the changes you described on yours, then either your streaminfo.js is damaged, or something else on your page is interfering with it.

Easy way to check is to create an HTML page containing only:

Code: [Select]
<html>
<body>
<span id="cc_strinfo_title_tranceilfm" class="cc_streaminfo"></span>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://94.23.250.14:2199/system/streaminfo.js"></script>
</body>
</html>

If the above doesn't work, then your streaminfo.js is damaged.  If it works, then something else on your production page is conflicting with the code in streaminfo.js.
I have the same problem.  I tried the sample HTML file, and it produces nothing.  An absolute blank.  I tried applying the patch as described, using the jQuery typecasting for the function, and still nothing.  It ONLY works on my Centova start page, nowhere else.
Steve, same as above.  The JS appears to have an issue.  Blank page with your test html.

Timestamp: 20-4-2013 03:49:19
Error: TypeError: $ is not a function
Source File: http://streams4.DOMAIN.com:2199/system/streaminfo.js
Line: 1
An update:  I did manage to get it working by itself on a blank page - but the same code won't work on my Wordpress site (though on v2.6 it did).  It simply sits and spins forever, never returning results.  This implies that Wordpress may be redefining the $ variable, rendering it useless for your Javascript routine.  Considering that the streaminfo.js script is meant to be embedded in existing sites, it is unsafe to assume that this variable has not been hijacked.