Bugs and others

Read 10023 times
1. CC every time write "Server is up and autoDJ is deactivated, but no live source is connected; automatically reactivating autoDJ" and restart ices-cc. But he is currently working as a result of running a second copy, which can not connect to the same mount and off. As a result, CC thinks autoDJ stopped, and tries to run it every 5 minutes. For fix it i set "AUTODJ_FAILSAFE=false" in config.

2. Playlist and files managers very inconvenient. I have 5 years experiencein IT but spend 15 mins for find bittom "Update media library". And every time when i click "Return" or "Go control panel" i will redirected to a page that was quite out of place. In general, the structure of CC is poor. Find something not easy to get to any page very difficult.

3. "stream start page" looks out of date. It would be nice to change the form, the songs on the entire catalog of music available on radio. And in this directory is already a registered user could select a song and order it. An example can be seen here: http://animeradio.ru/ # contents.php

4. On page "Quick Links" table "Live Source Connections" don't valid. It specified "Mount point:   /live", but when i connect on /live mount it don't work. Valid mount /anime_live, becouse i have main mount /anime (http://217.199.218.230:8000/) All pages in "Statistics" don't work too. I have 1 listener 3 hour, but CC don't know it.

5. Can't found link on m3u playlist. You can add M3U?

6. "Cover image URL" - add auto download and resize album covers...

7. AutoDJ, add buttom "Set next song" as "Skip this song"...

8. "Recent tracks" are constantly blurred

9. After clicking "Update media library" erase all album covers, canceled all manually renamed albums. Please correct this or add a warning. If a customer adds 1,000 songs with unique covers and titles, and then click on the button? It will be terrible.

10. It would not hurt to add:
- The ability to search for the selected album cover
- Ability to drag tracks between albums, and artists to combine their
- Improve nafigatsiyu between playlists manager, file manager and media manager. To switch between them in 50% of cases need to go back to the Control Panel, which is not convenient.

11. The icons at the top of the control panel "autoDJ status" "Source status" very badly chosen, without a magnifying glass you will not understand what they mean. Tooltips are generally deprived of meaning.

Thanks. Testing time - 2 days. The number of testers - 3 persons (and cat))).
1. CC every time write "Server is up and autoDJ is deactivated, but no live source is connected; automatically reactivating autoDJ" and restart ices-cc. But he is currently working as a result of running a second copy, which can not connect to the same mount and off. As a result, CC thinks autoDJ stopped, and tries to run it every 5 minutes. For fix it i set "AUTODJ_FAILSAFE=false" in config.

I think they are working on the mount point issue this week, keep a eye on this thread
http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=1678.0

2. Playlist and files managers very inconvenient. I have 5 years experiencein IT but spend 15 mins for find bittom "Update media library". And every time when i click "Return" or "Go control panel" i will redirected to a page that was quite out of place. In general, the structure of CC is poor. Find something not easy to get to any page very difficult.

2. The update media library is no longer needed, it does it in the background fully automated, I think you are using the wrong instructions.
And I have to disagree, I think this is very user friendly, just like any new system, the user is going to need to review the getting started instructions, but once they play with it for a couple days they will quickly learn it is very easy to use, keep in mind SHOUTcastv2 has, I would say at least 4 times the features v1 had, many more options are packed into this.
Once they put out some more docs I am sure the getting started process will go much easier, the new MP3 key and YP hash is the most complex of the steps and has nothing to do with Centova, that part is SHOUTcast2 requirements, but in the end you get a professional stream which is the goal

3. "stream start page" looks out of date. It would be nice to change the form, the songs on the entire catalog of music available on radio. And in this directory is already a registered user could select a song and order it. An example can be seen here: http://animeradio.ru/ # contents.php

I kinda agree but that just gives your clients a chance to buy web hosting from you also! We even built a Wordpress addon for clients that want a little more

9 After clicking "Update media library"
Where do you see the Update Media Library" link ?

it's there and titled "Skip this Song", under the auto dj section as you indicated

You  can change the album art size, in the config

not sure about that, never saw any blurred images
http://173.255.141.34:2199/start/twok/
I do know that, at least with LastFM, the API results include different sizes, small, med., large & xlarge, or something like that, but a blurred image would indicate to me it's one of the smaller ones that has the height and width too large, the solution would be to pull a bigger image from the API. If you do, in the Centova config make your images bigger I would guess you would also need to pull a bigger image, which would in return use up more of your bandwidth.

9. After clicking "Update media library" erase all album covers, canceled all manually renamed albums. Please correct this or add a warning. If a customer adds 1,000 songs with unique covers and titles, and then click on the button? It will be terrible.
Not sure about this, I think this would cause un-needed server load and be pulling way too many images from Amazon, LastFM, etc, although I think the images are cached.
Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:09:39 am by My Auto DJ
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
2. The update media library is no longer needed, it does it in the background fully automated, I think you are using the wrong instructions.
And I have to disagree, I think this is very user friendly, just like any new system, the user is going to need to review the getting started instructions, but once they play with it for a couple days they will quickly learn it is very easy to use, keep in mind SHOUTcastv2 has, I would say at least 4 times the features v1 had, many more options are packed into this.
Once they put out some more docs I am sure the getting started process will go much easier, the new MP3 key and YP hash is the most complex of the steps and has nothing to do with Centova, that part is SHOUTcast2 requirements, but in the end you get a professional stream which is the goal

2. I use IceCast and talking about usability, what have ShoutCast?

I kinda agree but that just gives your clients a chance to buy web hosting from you also! We even built a Wordpress addon for clients that want a little more

3. Share this addon with foreign colleagues. ))

Where do you see the Update Media Library" link ?

In Media Manager, you need to click Options - "Browse by folder", then in the bottom right corner there is the link.

it's there and titled "Skip this Song", under the auto dj section as you indicated

7. I was talking about the direct selection of the next song in the media manager.

You  can change the album art size, in the config

6. Here I am talking about the manual covers the registered URL in the settings of albums. If they prescribe 1024x1024 images - it will be displayed in the control panel and on the website as a whole. That's talking about the need to resize and local caching.

not sure about that, never saw any blurred images

8. I'm not talking about the cover. I'm talking about the number of tracks in the list of recent songs. I went to your link. There have been two recent tracks. He waited a few minutes, refresh the page, there is just one last track. They fade away. Although they are always to be exactly what is specified in the settings.

Not sure about this, I think this would cause un-needed server load and be pulling way too many images from Amazon, LastFM, etc, although I think the images are cached.

9. Probably just forgot to remove an obsolete function.

P.s.: When planning to release a Stable release? I just open up this service and would like to with the latest panel to start work.
O wow that's great that update media library link is there I thought they removed it, thanks for that! There is a way you can cue the next song in both v2 and v3, just create a playlist set to immediate and in order, enable it and drag what you want to play next, just remember you have to always click save when you make a change to the playlist. And yes I meant SHOUTcast, I do have a single Icecast stream running, does great other than the title/artist does not display
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
I know about "Immediately" type playlists, but it isn't comfortably. This function can be more friendly for users.

P.s.: You wasn't to share your designs for WordPress?
The themes we use are free :)

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/mantra
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
This should only happen when no source is connected to the stream -- eg: when ShoutCast DNAS tells Centova Cast no source is connected.  If you have a source connected and it's still restarting the stream, then something is quite wrong with your installation.

2. Playlist and files managers very inconvenient. I have 5 years experiencein IT but spend 15 mins for find bittom "Update media library".
That's actually a result of MORE convenience, not less -- you do not need to click the "Update media library" button at all in v3. :)  The file manager and FTP server automatically update the library for you.

The fact that it still exists in the file manager was an oversight, and I've removed it for the next release.  Thanks for pointing out that we forgot to do so.

And every time when i click "Return" or "Go control panel" i will redirected to a page that was quite out of place.
There is no "Go to control panel" button, and the "Return" button returns you to the index page.   Might I ask where you expect it to return you to?

In general, the structure of CC is poor. Find something not easy to get to any page very difficult.
We're always open to suggestions but simply suggesting that "the structure of CC is poor" does not help to improve things.  If there are specific things that you're dissatisfied with, please give examples and if there is a consensus we'll be glad to make changes as needed -- ease of use is one of our major selling points.

3. "stream start page" looks out of date.
The start pages are only intended (and have only EVER been intended) to serve as a showcase of the Centova Cast widgets.  Our intent is just to give clients an idea of what they can do with the widgets if they put them on their own web sites... we're not aiming to make these an elegant hosted solution.

It would be nice to change the form, the songs on the entire catalog of music available on radio.
Sorry, I didn't understand "the songs on the entire catalog of music available on radio".  Could you please elaborate?

And in this directory is already a registered user could select a song and order it. An example can be seen here: http://animeradio.ru/ # contents.php
Unfortunately I can't read Russian so I may be missing something, but I believe the song request widget already does what you're describing.

4. On page "Quick Links" table "Live Source Connections" don't valid.
It is valid, but only for your main mount point.  If you create additional mount points and/or remove the default mount point, then you're basically on your own. :)

All pages in "Statistics" don't work too. I have 1 listener 3 hour, but CC don't know it.
It sounds like you're using an old version, as a bug similar to this was fixed not too long ago.  The beta moves fairly quickly with updates, so it's important to run /usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update before submitting bug reports.

5. Can't found link on m3u playlist. You can add M3U?
Check /usr/local/centovacast/etc/centovacast.conf for the option to enable this.  It's not officially supported nor has it ever been.

Good suggestion.  Right now this is just a simple feature we added as a sort of "proof of concept" but we'll look at "fleshing it out" in future releases.

I can't think of any way to implement a "Set next song" feature that would be any less complex than adding the next song to an immediate playlist, short of adding an entire, new media library interface JUST for this feature.

What did you have in mind?

I don't know what this means, sorry....?

It should not do that unless you do a full media lbrary update (eg: click "Update media library" and then click "Full media library update") in which case this is normal behavior.  That said, you should not need to click "Update media library" at all in v3 so this is somewhat irrelevant.

- The ability to search for the selected album cover
I'm not sure what you mean by this.  The album cover interfaces to Amazon, iTunes, etc. already let you search for album covers automatically.

- Ability to drag tracks between albums, and artists to combine their
Centova Cast reads the ID3 tags in your MP3s to categorize them.  Short of modifying the ID3 tags in your MP3s this is not really practical.

- Improve nafigatsiyu between playlists manager, file manager and media manager. To switch between them in 50% of cases need to go back to the Control Panel, which is not convenient.
Good point as well... we'll consider this for a future release.

11. The icons at the top of the control panel "autoDJ status" "Source status" very badly chosen, without a magnifying glass you will not understand what they mean. Tooltips are generally deprived of meaning.
I can't say I agree with this.  Hovering over the first icon, for example, tells you it is the "Server status" icon and tells you "Your streaming server is online and operational".  I can't imagine how we could be any more explicit than that, nor how that is deprived of meaning.

Lots of great suggestions here, though -- thanks!