Windows Server installation fails including licensing

Read 4793 times
Hi,

i tried the windows centova cast daemon.

During the installation i get 2 errors:
Error adding centovacast account to Users group: ERROR 2220
Error setting permissions: Cannot build new access control list. Error code: 1332

Even with these errors the service itself seems to work just fine.

When the deamon is running i get this message from the licensing server:
License status: Invalid
Last validation result: License update failed: Failed to obtain license update from any licensing server (Bad respone from licensing server: Internal error; reissue failed (Key generation failed) (ERR/INTERR))

The test system itself is a fresh installation of windows server 2003 with all currently available patches installed.
Beside the streaming server nothing else is installed.

I hope it is possible to resolve these problems in order to proceed with the testing.

Best Regards
Azrael
As mentioned all over the forums, the Windows daemon is not compatible with modern WMS servers, and we'll be resolving that soon.  As people weren't searching before posting, and we were continuing to get the same issue reports over and over, I just turned off its licensing service entirely.

Apparently now we get to deal with licensing error complaints... :/
Sorry if i just gave information which was already known.
Before posting i searched the forum for the key words "windows" and "wms" separately and also the error messages. All searches didn't find anything related to the error messages i posted.
Even a manual search through the "Bugs and Issues" section didn't show up anything which caught my eye but it seem i just searched for the wrong key words.

Before getting the beta key you also gave me the information it wouldn't be compatible with the newest version of windows media services. But as Windows Server 2008 is already 4 years old i thought it could work with Windows Server 2003 (9 years old) but aparrently i just missed some version problems and should have tried Windows 2000 or something completely different.

Sorry if the reiteration of the known erros caused that much disturbance.

Best Regards
Azrael