Proper Settings and FTP

Read 5265 times
Hello.

I successfully installed Centova Cast 3 on a dedicated server.

I am fairly new to dedicated servers and my tech skills are junior at the moment so bare with me.

I have attached a few screenshots of my settings in Centova Cast and i need to know if they are correct. the server starts and plays but i cant seem to login to ftp from filezilla. it sais Error when trying to validate the password (which is correct for that user) it even happens when i login as main user (admin) it sais user is correct but error's when validate pass.

Is there something i'm missing? (i cant seem to find anything related to FTP on the panel btw) need to mention, i never installed proftpd since the documentation states theres no need.

Thank you for your help in the matter.
Hello, thank you for your message,

As long as you also enabled an AutoDJ software for your account, you should be able to upload your files directly trough the web interface. No need for using FTP.
Ok but what if i want to have a folder that its content gets played automatically? i mean..put a file there and it goes directly to a correspondant playlist? is that possible? without me having to go to the panel and drag/drop it inside the playlist...(hat would give an extreme versatility in managing playlist and give me the option to open an ftp account for each dj with his own folder... 8)

Perhaps something to think about on V3..
Also, is my settings correct? i cant seem to get meta tags from the files played in iTunes or any software..just:
"Stream Name"
     (null)
Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:51:36 am by guytrance
Uhhh Steve? a bit of help here  :-\