icecast no metadata set

Read 10145 times
hey,

so this is the only bug stopping me using this version for a new client (a festival in the uk).

i keep getting Unkown as the track title and Unkown as the album name... looking at the log files it is getting the right info but failing to set the metadata on the autodj mount.

Code: [Select]
DEBUG: Script playlist handler serving: /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/test2/var/spool/media/LaRevedere.mp3 []
DEBUG: Filename cleaned up from [/usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/test2/var/spool/media/LaRevedere.mp3] to [LaRevedere]
DEBUG: ID3v1: Title: La Revedere
DEBUG: ID3v1: Artist: [dunkelbunt]
DEBUG: ID3v2: version 2.0. Tag size is 2142 bytes.
DEBUG: ID3v2: Title found: La Revedere
DEBUG: ID3v2: Artist found: [dunkelbunt]
DEBUG: MPEG-1 layer III, 320 kbps, 44100 Hz, stereo
DEBUG: Ext: 0 Mode_Ext: 0 Copyright: 0 Original: 0
DEBUG: Error Protection: 0 Emphasis: 0 Padding: 1
Playing /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/test2/var/spool/media/LaRevedere.mp3
DEBUG: Updated metadata on /autodj to:

now checking the error.log i found a intresting debug line that seams like centova cast is sending a blank string (typo maybe?)

Code: [Select]
[2012-04-28  02:21:27] DBUG admin/admin_handle_request Admin request (/admin/metadata)
[2012-04-28  02:21:27] DBUG admin/admin_handle_request Got command (metadata)
[2012-04-28  02:21:27] INFO admin/admin_handle_request Received admin command metadata on mount "/autodj"
[2012-04-28  02:21:27] DBUG admin/command_metadata Got metadata update request
[2012-04-28  02:21:27] INFO admin/command_metadata Metadata on mountpoint /autodj changed to ""

all my other reports dont directly bother me as im going to use icecast (prefer it alot actually) but this is my show stopper so a pre 18th may fix would be awesome... as thats the launch date for my client.
Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:38:50 pm by KL Web Consultants
Paul from KL Web Consultants KL Web Consultant
so this is the only bug stopping me using this version for a new client (a festival in the uk).
I'll start with the usual disclaimer... pre-release product, not suitable for production use, bla bla... :)

i keep getting Unkown as the track title and Unkown as the album name...
Where?

now checking the error.log i found a intresting debug line that seams like centova cast is sending a blank string (typo maybe?)
Centova Cast doesn't send anything to IceCast... it only receives info from IceCast.  The metadata is provided to IceCast by ices (that is: if a blank string is being sent to IceCast, it's being sent by ices, not CC).

The empty string may or may not be related though... when using multiple mount points with fallback mounts, I'm not sure how IceCast will log its metadata updates -- the update may actually take place on /stream rather than on the /autodj mount you quoted from the log.
yeah, im taking a risk. it's because the production version is broken e.g amazon support in v2.. it is a feature the product was sold to me to have, but thats a rant i dont care about.... the client says it's a required revenue stream for the project so without that and is detailed on the feature list although its known to not work

anywho...

it says "Unkown" everywhere it would say the track title or the album in the what is playing now or has been playing recently context.

as the server goes it does do track titles for shoutcast fine, (wont play sound but it thinks its fine)... its just somewhere in the CC stack somthing is broken, ive tried a few OS types and get the same error. :(
Paul from KL Web Consultants KL Web Consultant
Hey buddy.

Did you solve that problem? having the same issue.
it says "Unkown" everywhere it would say the track title or the album in the what is playing now or has been playing recently context.
I'm unable to reproduce this.  If you (or anyone else) has a test server running v3 that exhibits this problem and can give me root access, I'd be happy to check it out.

as the server goes it does do track titles for shoutcast fine, (wont play sound but it thinks its fine)... its just somewhere in the CC stack somthing is broken, ive tried a few OS types and get the same error. :(
If it's broadcasting silence but it looks like it's playing, then you have a ShoutCast bug of some sort on your hands... CC has nothing to do with the actual streaming process -- that's 100% internal to sc_trans and sc_serv.  The important distinction, though, is whether it's *actually* broadcasting silence, or if your player just isn't playing it correctly. :)

Anyone ever find a solution for the above quoted issue?

Thanks!
I also have that problem with Icecast, UNKNOWN title and track

as the server goes it does do track titles for shoutcast fine, (wont play sound but it thinks its fine)

That means you did not set your YP hash, either set that or change to private, restart and you will then hear music :)
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Finally sorted this out!  Long, detailed explanation posted here.