v3 Status

Read 5259 times
So I am running a few stations on the new v3 and they are all running very well, have not had any issues with having to restart as before, seems to run stable.  great job there!

On the DNAS page, the next song shows
Next Song:   nextsong 80s 14fa19b9ada0a30561ffb33c5d7421ce sctrans2next
Do you know what to do about that?

The YP hash seems to forget after restart, any news on that?

Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:36:17 pm by My Auto DJ
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
So I am running a few stations on the new v3 and they are all running very well, have not had any issues with having to restart as before, seems to run stable.  great job there!
Yup, we're getting there. :)  The builds currently on the download servers are a prelude to the official public relaunch of the beta.

On the DNAS page, the next song shows
Next Song:   nextsong 80s 14fa19b9ada0a30561ffb33c5d7421ce sctrans2next
Do you know what to do about that?
Unfortunately that's how sc_trans2 reports the next track when you use its "dynamic playlist" feature (which is what allows sc_trans2 to integrate with Centova Cast's media library/playlist scheduling system).  What you're actually seeing is the command that sc_trans2 has been configured to run to get the next track.  Why it does that... I have no idea.  Hopefully Nullsoft eventually changes this. :(

The YP hash seems to forget after restart, any news on that?
This is a known bug in current builds of ShoutCast DNAS v2 (not Centova Cast)... if you check their FAQ for the latest release, they mention it there. 

They also mention a workaround and we've implemented that in the latest build of CCv3... it's a bit of a pain to apply it to existing streams, though.  First you'd need to upgrade to the latest version of CCv3, then stop each of your streams, go to the Settings page for each stream, click "Update" (this rewrites your configuration files with the workaround applied), and then start the streams again.  Once that's done it should (according to Nullsoft) remember the hash.