Cannot get ftp-contact with server

Read 6320 times
Hi,

Upload is a bit of a hazzle.

I run a Centos5 VPS, have installed proftpd but cannot get it started and most important, cannot get access to the site using standard ftp.

Any suggestions are welcomed :)

Kruse
Hi,

In version 3 of Centova Cast you don't need to install any separate FTP service.
You can upload your files from the Media Library, by using the FileManager (button located on the top right corner of the Media Library)
Hi,

I've been using the FileManager, but when uploading 8 gB music at a time I need a better solution, such as ftp - and isn't Filemanager using proftpd?

Proftpd is installed, but I do not get it to run on the server, so are there any other ways to access the music library?
Can you clarify this?

I've got a server with v3 running as evaluating it but can't seem to see how FTP will work..
any changes ?
No, Centova Cast v3 does not use ProFTPd, and no, you do not need to provide your own FTP server software.  Centova Cast comes with its own -- a customized server based on Pure-FTPd.  If you install another FTP server on the same IP address, you will in fact *break* the FTP upload feature because you can't have two FTP servers on the same IP address.