Multi-stream relaying

Read 10980 times
I have a (relatively minor) problem. I'm attempting to use CentovaCast to simplify administration of our radio station (since we moved to a Linux server, the admins of the station are a little hesitant to do things, for some reason...).

However, we use three public streams: high.mp3, low.mp3, and high.ogg. I would -like- to have all three streams administered through centovacast, so that I'm not the only one who can restart the streams/etc when necessary. But this doesn't seem possible.

Currently what I'm doing is running the old icecast server, having the DJs connect to that, as well as the transcoders, and then having the centovacast icecast server relay those mountpoints. But this, while giving us much more detailed statistics on listeners, causes a few problems.

Firstly, and most obviously, it doesn't reduce the original problem any: I'm the only one who can fix things if necessary. Secondly, centovacast only reports info on one stream - /high.mp3. It ignores the other streams for listener info/statistics completely.

The only other option I can see, which is less than preferable, would be to set up -three- centovacast accounts, one for each public stream. This would, however, quite obviously use more CPU time and have the added annoyance of using three ports.

Any ideas?

ARGH. I can't read the blasted captcha! Effort 10 now. :|
You're correct that at the moment Centova Cast doesn't allow you to separately configure/monitor IceCast's mount points.  That's something we're looking into addressing in a future release.

Centova Cast definitely does not ignore the other mount points in regard to statistics, though -- it simply ignores the fact that there are multiple mountpoints involved and includes ALL traffic through ALL mount points in your statistics.  Doing otherwise would be a Bad Thing(tm) for stream host providers, as it'd offer an easy way for hosting clients to bypass bandwidth restrictions. :)