MySQL error when installing Centova Cast v3.0.0b1

Read 5879 times
Hi all,

I have just attempted to install Centova Cast v3.0.0b1 on a CentOS 5 x64 server with Parallels Panel 10.4.4 and PHP version 5.3.3.

Having followed the installation instructions, I have encountered the following error mesage :-

Error populating database: Could not execute query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 DEFAULT COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 1

Also, I notice that the installation has installed under a different IP address than that associated with the domain name for the panel.

I followed the 'complete' installation instructions.

Can anybody provide any guidance ?

Many thanks in advance.

Darran
A somewhat educated guess but is this error being caused by my use of MySQL 5.5 ?

In post 5.1 versions of MySQL

Code: [Select]
TYPE=
Is depreciated and has been replaced with ...

ENGINE=
So when Centova is being set-up for the first time (including writing to the MySQL database for the first time), the error message I have encountered has suggested that the Centova script is using :-

TYPE=MyISAM
Instead of

ENGINE=MyISAM
Is anyone familiar with the specific installation files and if so, which files and if they can be edited ? I'm surprised that a Beta release isn't compatible with MySQL 5.5.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Darran