Switched from Shoutcast to Icecast..

Read 11931 times
..because icecast supports auto dj auto activation but I use the scripts for recent tracks and now playing that centova provides.

However, I notice that if you don't deactivate auto dj, obviously it continues to play and all the now playing data gets shown as well as the off-site streaming source.

Aside from deactivating auto dj, is there anyway that this can be stopped or will I have to continue to activate / deactivate auto dj.

I switched to icecast because I know that it supports the auto-reactivation and to stop the hassle of reactivating auto dj all the time.
To clarify, do you mean that while broadcasting live, you're seeing the autoDJ's song titles in the recent tracks/now playing widgets provided by Centova Cast?  That shouldn't happen if you're using the mount points that Centova Cast recommends (/live for your live broadcast, and /autodj for the autoDJ).  Centova Cast automatically checks the /live mountpoint first, and if anything is connected there it'll give that metadata priority.

Make sure your live source *is* sending metadata, though, even if it's just the station name, because if it's left blank Centova Cast will assume no live source is connected and use the autoDJ metadata.  (There's no reliable way other than the presence of metadata to detect a source connection on a mount point.)
Thanks for your reply Steve. To clarify, yes I am seeing autoDJ's song titles in the recent tracks/now playing widgets. I noticed the autodj mount is /stream but when I change it to /autodj it changes back. Should I contact my host?

When i'm streaming I've got the mount point on SAM Broadcaster as /live but the auto dj playlist still shows up when tracks change on the online source.

(http://www.themixradio.co.uk/tmrbanner.jpg)