Which Playlist is Running? Feature for Websites

Read 9946 times
It would be nice to have a HTML Code for my website so people can see which playlist is running for the day.  For example, I have Classic Salsa on Mondays, International Salsa Tuesdays, Funk Latin Soul on Wednesdays etc.  It would be nice when people visits my website they can see NOW PLAYING: Classic Salsa Monday.
Also, some indication in the media library of which playlist each track is in would be wonderful.
It's so tedious having to hunt through every playlist to find a song to pull, and practically impossible to check if a song has been mistakenly added to more than one list (or no lists).
That will be very usefull also for me.
Good thing it's already included in v3, then. :)
I think that's not working.

I have that mentioned in 'stats' on my website but it's value is empty.

In the panel i can't find that anywhere:

Current song: Radio Killer - Lonely Heart (Extended Version)
Stream title: HybridGate
Bit rate: 128 kbps
Current listeners: 0
Maximum listeners: 50
Server status: Online
AutoDJ status: Online
Source connected: Yes
Station time: Aug 22, 2012 02:15 PM
Current playlist:
Track details: Radio Killer - Lonely Heart -
Album image:
Is your album image/buy now link actually blank as it appears in the sample you quoted?

If so, the problem is that Centova Cast isn't able to identify the track that's playing.  And if it can't identify the track, it won't know which playlist it's from. 

We made some improvements to the song identification code in the most recent build, so if CC is indeed failing to identify the track you might want to try again after updating.
mine works :)

My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Is your album image/buy now link actually blank as it appears in the sample you quoted?

No it wasn't blank.
My CC panel is updated to last build.

I will give You another example:
Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:23:27 pm by Headshaker
Last time i found that current playlist is displayed just for some tracks no matter if they are in the same playlist or in diferent one.

Check response from rpc and there is missing variable with current playlist. Actually it shuld return something like " currentplaylist:'' " if playlist is not recognised but there is nothing about current playlist

How playlist is recognised ??

Just to make clear I'm using Tracks buyed form Beatport

Also as You can see titile and album are not recognised properly.

My response:

Code: [Select]

jQuery171037252004933543503_1347809001836(
    "type":"result",
    "rid":"rtpclub",
    "data":[{
                   "title":"Sample Stream",
                   "song":"Mark Knight - Devil Walking - Original Club Mix",
                   "track":{
                                  "artist":"Mark Knight",
                                  "title":"Original Club Mix",
                                   "album":"DevilWalking",
                                   "royaltytrackid":0,
                                   "imageurl":"http:\/\/domain.com:2197\/static\/rtpclub\/covers\/nocover.png"
                               },
                 "bitrate":"128 kbps",
                 "server":"Online",
                 "autodj":"Online",
                 "source":"Yes",
                 "offline":false,
                 "summary":"<a href=\"http:\/\/domain.com:2199\/tunein\/stream\/rtpclub.pls\">Sample Stream - Mark Knight - Devil Walking - Original Club Mix<\/a>",
                 "listeners":1,
                 "maxlisteners":100,
                 "reseller":0,
                 "serverstate":true,
                 "sourcestate":true,
                 "sourceconn":1,
                 "date":"Sep 16, 2012",
                 "time":"05:21 PM",
                 "url":"http:\/\/domain.com:2199\/"
}]})
Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:32:10 am by Headshaker
Last time i found that current playlist is displayed just for some tracks no matter if they are in the same playlist or in diferent one.
That's because of your ID3 tags.  I've covered this multiple times in other threads here on the forums, but to recap, look at this:

Code: [Select]
                   "song":"Mark Knight - Devil Walking - Original Club Mix",
                   "track":{
                                  "artist":"Mark Knight",
                                  "title":"Original Club Mix",
                                   "album":"DevilWalking",

Centova Cast expects that SHOUTcast/IceCast will return a title in the format "Artist - Title" or "Artist - Album - Title", and it parses the metadata as such.  Here, you've got your artist as "Mark Knight" and your title as "Devil Walking - Original Club Mix".

As you can see simply by looking at the "track" block above, Centova Cast is (correctly) parsing that as artist "Mark Knight", album "Devil Walking", and title "Original Club Mix".

CC can't find a track in your library entitled "Original Club Mix", therefore it assumes you're using a live source rather than the autoDJ and does not try to guess what playlist it's from.  The simple solution is to not add hyphenated addendums to your track titles.  If you really need to do so, put them in parentheses (eg: "Mark Knight - Devil Walking (Original Club Mix)").

So could You tell me which version of ID3 tag CC panel reads (v1 or v2) ??

Another thing is that when I buy tracks from beatport their format looks like in attached picture.

I've got a lot of them so I think it's uncomfortable to change ID3 tags for hundreds of track especially when there is no any program for batch changing format of title. Maybe with some help with some macro script for program but actually not everyones will be able to write thing like that.
I've done fe test tests and this is result:

1. I have changed ID3 tags as on picture "current_1_1" and I had result as on picture "current_1"

2.  I have changed ID3 tags as on picture "current_2_2" and I had result as on picture "current_2"

3.  I have changed ID3 tags as on picture "current_3_3" and I had result as on picture "current_3" and just this one works.

In my opinion shouldn't be like that because these are tracks typically for Club radios with electronic music.

This tracks format usually looks like "Artist - Title (Remix)" or "Artist- Title - Remix".

Another thing is that CC panel don't save Album covers properly. All of my tracks have Album covers writen to mp3 file and in CC panel there is no cover for many of them.
Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:38:41 pm by Headshaker