FTP Uploads

Read 5418 times
When a user uploads via FTP the library does not sync, even tried uploading a mp3 via web based upload form and only that mp3 synced -- I had to goto page=importmedia
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Hello friend, I never went for it.
My problem with this new version is that my shoutcast v2 is restarting all the time.
installed several times and the same thing always happens, has been there too?

in support of Centova they do not help me and I already asked this here in the forum but nobody answers me
When a user uploads via FTP the library does not sync, even tried uploading a mp3 via web based upload form and only that mp3 synced -- I had to goto page=importmedia
That should only happen under two scenarios, either:

- You're not using the Centova Cast FTP server -- you have a pre-existing FTP server on your machine that's taking precedence.  Centova Cast's FTP server include custom code to notify Centova Cast whenever a user uploads MP3s, so if you're not using the Centova Cast FTP server, a manual media library update will be necessary after uploading.

You can check this by logging into your server via SSH and running "nc localhost 21" -- the first line of output should be "220-Welcome to cc-ftpd."  If it says anything else, even slightly different, then it's not the Centova Cast FTP server.

- You're using the Centova Cast FTP server, but your Centova Cast "mediascan" cron job is not running properly.  The "mediascan" cron job (in /etc/cron.d/centovacast) is responsible for responding to notifications from the FTP server and updating the appropriate media libraries.  If your cron daemon is broken, or if somehow the mediascan cron job has been disrupted, the libraries will not be updated after upload.

You can check this by looking in /var/log/cron (if it exists) or /var/log/syslog and making sure you see entries for /usr/local/centovacast/bin/mediascan appearing on a very frequent basis.

You said uploading via the web interface works, and if that's the case, the problem is definitely not with the update process itself -- it's just not being triggered for one of the above reasons.

My problem with this new version is that my shoutcast v2 is restarting all the time.
gutoeterno, please do not hijack forum threads.  Start a new thread for unrelated issues.
You can check this by logging into your server via SSH and running "nc localhost 21" -- the first line of output should be "220-Welcome to cc-ftpd."  If it says anything else, even slightly different, then it's not the Centova Cast FTP server.

When I tried to run "nc localhost 21" (with out the quotes of course). It comes up with
-bash: nc: command not found
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
When I tried to run "nc localhost 21" (with out the quotes of course). It comes up with
-bash: nc: command not found
That means you don't have netcat installed.  Try 'telnet' instead of 'nc'.  If that doesn't work, then install either telnet or netcat. ;)  Or just use an FTP client and read the banner message there.